Chapter 2-2: Investigation and Finding Leads

Cater and Riddle listened to me as I told them what the headmaster requested of us. Riddle nodded and eyed me and my siblings. "I see. So the headmaster asked that of you?"

Kyro nodded along with my other siblings and Grim. Brook turned to Riddle and Cater. "If possible, may we please start looking for suspects so our pack leader can take her anger out on them?"

Cater gaped at me and Riddle snorted. I gave them an innocent look. "What? I'm just a traditionalist who wants to break the bones of whoever did this."

My siblings and Grim chuckled at that. Riddle was grinning, Cater and Ace were shocked, and Deuce looked at me with shining eyes. Cater got over his shock and gave me a smile. "We can go now. First stop is the Pomefiore dormitory!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We entered the Pomefiore dormitory and I split off from them to investigate closer with invisibility cloaking me. The man with a hat was chiding a male with a pretty face. "Non, non little Epel. Holding your pinky out when holding your teacup is not elegant."

"A-Ah! Sorry!" 'Epel' said.

A blond with his hair down and braided at the back wasn't paying attention. "Enough about that I'm more concerned about the tournament. What do you think of the new line of Felicitions Cosmetics?"

The blond hunter (I think) turned to the male and chuckled. "Oh Roi de Poisson! What if your makeup got smudged? I think-huh?"

I blew on his ear to mess with him. Humans are so easy to terrify. The blond hunter was looking around wildly now and I snorted mentally. He stood up and rushed off with the other two looking confused. I was holding my breath, especially when he returned with a bow.

-Third Person POV-

Kyro knew this was Vermillion's doing. She had separated from them. Nine Realms, he could feel her amusement from where she supposedly was. Luka facepalmed. Dang it Vermillion. Katherine was just as amused at this. With how antsy her eldest sister was, it was good to see Vermillion having fun. Solis was shocked at his sister's behavior. Sure, she was a prankster, but was now the best time? Brooklyn was trying to surpress her laughter. Vermillion knew how to make her giggle. Balto was neutral about this. But, he couldn't deny that he was grinning like an idiot.

-Back to Vermillion-

I chuckled quietly at the blond hunter. He was eying the spot where I stood and I gestured to the rest to get the hell out. They took the hint and ran. I let the invisibility fall a little as I giggled. Epel screeched and Rook fired an arrow. I dodged and started running. I got to the mirror and let my invisibility fall as I raced off. This should be a fun chase.

-Third Person POV-

Balto gaped at two tall men with a jealous look. Vermillion had joined up with them to get away from Rook and was grinning madly. Grim was fascinated by the twins. Unfortunately, Floyd caught them. "Goldfishie~"

This made the von Fenris' confused as hell. Goldfishie? Where did that come from? Jade noticed them all and smiled. "Heartslabyul and the von Fenris'? Hoping to gain something by watching with each other? You know better than this."

Brooklyn narrowed her eyes at Jade. "We, my siblings and I, do not know what you mean by that. There are seven of us, but that doesn't mean temporary students can volunteer."

Jade turned to Vermillion with a smile. "You are godlings. Surely, you have a lot of knowledge."

Vermillion's eyes narrowed at him. "We aren't all powerful. If you want knowledge, ask the Egyptians."

Floyd's eyes then turned dark. "How about a chase?"

Then, Rook appeared and spotted Vermillion. "Aha!"