Chapter 5-4: Actions Have Always Had Consequences

I woke up later in the night to more of Grim being an idiot and not letting me rest. I got up and followed him downstairs quietly while Hummingbird also went out. While they ate, I heard my saving grace. "My, my, what could all these mice be doing in the kitchen at this time of night?"

I hate and love you at the same time. Vil glared at them. "Those who can't keep their word get punished."

Ace and Deuce complained, but I just looked at my faithful rabbit who followed Vil. "Thank you dear."

I whispered that. Vil seemed to be waiting for something. "It's about time."

"Huh? Time for... Ugh!?" Ace questioned. Grim and Deuce made noises of surprise. The sudden stiffness scared me.
"Wh-Why did everyone collapse?!" I asked. Ace couldn't struggle. His body was frozen. The other two were just as frozen.
"Heh. This isn't poison, but a curse." Vil said.
"C-Curse? Why's there a curse on the food?" Deuce said.
"This is my unique magic, 'Fairest One of All'. With this magic, I can place a curse on anything I touch. This powerful curse can't be broken until certain conditions are met, even by myself. The curse I put on all the food goes as follows, 'Any fools who dare to put this in their mouths will be unable to move until the sun rises the following day'. Didn't I tell you to avoid any foods filled with sugar and additives until VDC is over? You have too little respect for what it means to be selected for this! As punishment, roll around on the hard floor until morning. No excuses! You're all to blame. Manager, it seems that you didn't eat anything, so I'll overlook your involvement today. But don't think you can get away with anything just because you won't be going on stage. If you don't want to become another potato rolling around on the floor, then head back to your room." Vil said.
"U-Understood." I said tiredly. Grim let out a cry at my betrayal.
"Be silent! ...Good grief. Why do all these people insist on doing things that lack any sort of beauty? It is far beyond my understanding." Vil said as I went to ascend the staircase.

-Third Person POV-

Vil was distracted from the annoyances by something tugging on him. He looked down to see the rabbit that led him to the potatoes. Hummingbird then darted up the stairs. He went up, only to see Vermillion passed out and sitting with her back against the wall. Was she trying to hibernate? Well, Vil couldn't just leave her there. He picked up the light weighing female and headed to her room. Upon arrival, Vil placed her in bed and covered the female. Vermillion was quite beautiful. That was for certain. Vil brushed her hair back and then left with that final image stuck in his head.

-Later-

I woke up to the mirror glowing. Light hurt my eyes. I went to go face the mirror. The image was clearer now. I heard him clearer. It was the mouse. "...llo?... Hello? Are you over there again today?"

"Mickey!" I cried happily.
"Whoa! Your sudden shouting scared me! Seems like I can hear your voice loud and clear from the other side of the mirror today. Last time you were only a vague silhouette, but today I can see you just fine. Can you see me from your side?" Mickey asked.
"Yep, I can see you." I said.
"I told my friends about that time I talked with you in a dream, but neither Donald or Goofy have heard of Twisted Wonderland. Donald told me you must be a ghost haunting me and we should get rid of you." Mickey said.
"Ditto." I replied.
"What!? I'm not a ghost! And neither are you, right? (She nodded) That's a relief. But this is really strange. Just the living cards and the dancing gloves have asked me if you came again. So I really get the feeling that this dream isn't just a dream." Mickey said. I then remembered the ghost camera I was given in case of emergencies.
"That's right! Mickey, can I take your photo?" I asked.
"Photo? Sure thing!" Mickey said. As I took out the ghost camera, there was a sudden ringing sound. Mickey turned to the noise. "Huh? ...ear... ...phon... ingin..."