Chapter 1-6: Unique Magic and Overblot

"Moonbeam?" A voice said calmly. Trey? What's-oh. Now I remember. I'm here as a mediator to help Ace and Deuce. Looks like I missed some things. I didn't miss Ace punching Riddle in the face. My instincts suddenly kicked in and I ran to go stop them.

"Ace, Riddle, calm down. I know what's going on, but please-" I started.
"Kids aren't their parents trophies. You aren't a tool for your parents. I finally know who to blame. It's that bastard who you call a childhood friend." Ace shouted.
"You know nothing!" Riddle shouted back.
"You two-" I tried.
"True. I don't. But all the 'Mama this, mama that' is getting on my nerves. To hell with the 'Red Ruler' bullcrap! You're wrong!" Ace argued.
"Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP! Mother was right so I am too!" Riddle was furious.
"Enough of this. The fight is over so-" Before I could finish my sentence, I was dumbfounded at what I witnessed next.

Someone threw an egg at Riddle. My eyes widened and the dream's image came back to mind. Who threw the egg at him?! Riddle surveyed the residents and when none spoke up, he seemed to go insane right then and there. "You've had enough you say? If no one will step forward, then you all will take the blame! OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!"

The dorm residents tried to run but were all locked by the collar. Riddle wasn't satisfied though, the rose trees now floating were a sign of this. Riddle pointed at Ace. "Rose trees! Skewer this man's body!"

I screamed, terrified at what was going on, when a barrier suddenly formed around Ace. Trey took the moment to use his 'Doodle Suit' to overwrite the collars and trees. The air turned cold and many shivered. My eyes widened and I did a 180 just in time to face the newcomer. Everyone seemed terrified of a half decaying woman with black hair and she was wearing a black dress. I gasped before kneeling. "Aunt Hel."

Crowley was shocked at my aunt's arrival. "You know this woman Vermillion?"

"Her name is Hel. She's the Norse goddess of the dishonorable dead and the ruler of Helheim. She's also my full blooded aunt and the one who saved Ace. Thank you Aunt Hel, for saving my friend."

Hel gave me a nod and gestured for me to stand. She then spoke to the residents, "Get out of here. You don't want to stick around any longer. My niece and I will take care of things. Crowley, help escort them out."

They all nodded and rushed to leave. Crowley nodded to my aunt and went to help the students. Trey nodded to my aunt. "I look forward to working with you Hel."

Ace grinned as Riddle went berserk. He had overblotted. Ace shot my aunt a thumbs up before going back to fighting Riddle. Hel nodded to Trey before turning to me. "I'll help keep him occupied. Use that time to access the depths of your soul. Now, I should help them."

Hel held her hands above the ground and then skeletal warriors broke the earth. They all scrambled to my aunt's command. I took the time to breathe before opening my mouth. I only needed a chorus for this. (Cue Belladonna by Ava Max)

Belladonna, belladonna, belladonna, belladonna.
Poisonous, contagious, get your high in my cabana.
Belladonna, belladonna, belladonna, belladonna.
Dangerous, addictive, don't come here unless you wanna.

Belladonna~, belladonna~, belladonna~

My trusty spear of light thankfully showed up. The light was a little dim, but it should be enough. My aunt was holding Riddle back with undead army. Trey continued to use his 'Doodle Suit' and Ace was grabbing attention from the monster. I took a deep breath before rushing forward. Aunt Hel saw what I was doing and shouted an order: "Out of the way! My niece has it covered now."

The warriors were quick to get out of the way. Trey and Ace took notice of me while Deuce and Grim focused on the monster. Riddle noticed how close I was getting, but couldn't react before the spear hit his heart and was shown out of his back. I glanced towards Riddle. "You were wrong Riddle. Accept it."

"I was wrong? Mother... that's not true.... is it?" Riddle said before passing out and taking me into his memories.

~Riddle's Memories~

I was watching everything. His 8th birthday, his studies, his meet with Trey and Che'nya, his reaction to a strawberry tart, everything. It made me feel bad for him. My heart was being tugged at.

'He was just a kid.'
'He still obeyed!'
'Not with those two.'
'They were just an escape.'

I sighed. I then said to the darkness, "I wish we met earlier in life. I don't know who to believe was right or wrong, but I do know that you have a chance to change. Take it. I'll be right there as you do."

~Outside, Third Person POV~

Hel sighed as she watched her niece and Riddle stay knocked out. They were alright, but they were giving everyone doubts about them waking up. Ace trotted over to Hel. "Hel? Lady Hel?"

Ace speaking made her turn her head to him. She gave him a neutral look. "Hel is fine. What did you need Ace? Is something the matter?"

"Thank you for saving me back then. I didn't get the chance to thank you."

"......... It's no problem child." Hel was surprised by Ace thanking her. She was the goddess of the dishonorable dead and a scary woman. Being treated as an equal without a glamour was interesting to her.

'I'll get used to it.' Hel thought as she finally saw Vermillion begin to stir. It seemed Vermillion could smell impatience.

~Back to Vermillion~

My eyes fluttered open to Cater, Trey, Ace, Deuce, and Aunt Hel gathered around me and Riddle. Aunt Hel helped sit me up so I was on my knees. My attention focused on Riddle as he started to stir. Trey called out to him, "Riddle!"

I reached over to hug him. Mother was right. You can't change fate on your own, you need people to get you on the right track.