Chapter 5-3: Training Camp Begins

I opened the door to find Rook on the other side. He smiled. "Bonjour, Vermillion and Grim! I'm looking forward to staying here for the next four weeks. I'm counting on you to take care of us."

I sighed, but let them in. I set things up with Jamil and the others. I was a little bit annoyed at Vil and his eating habits for the boys, but then a shout came from the lounge. "I heard we were going to have guests! Where are they?"

The boys jumped, but Grim and I rolled our eyes. I peeked in the lounge. "For the last time Grandfather, I said no pranks in my dorm!"

"Yeah, yeah, where are the army brats?"

"I-I-Pfffttt."

The others watched as I erupted into hysterical laughter. Oh my gosh. I let them enter the lounge. Vil was expecting everyone to change their eating habits while my grandfather just watched everyone. He was probably going to sneak a peek at Rook's album. Oh, grandfather. I am most definitely going to lecture him one day. Then Vil got a call from his manager.

From listening in, I could hear the anger in Vil's voice as he spoke of Neige. I had heard about him from my cousin and he seemed like a very nice guy. Then again, Vil was a jealous man. I tuned out and saw the next specks of blot falling onto Vil's heart. This was worrying.

-Starting the Lesson-

I watched Vil as he ordered everyone around. I would try to stick with this. Vil then turned to me. "Manager, could you please play the song on the audio system?"

I was confused. "Manager?"

"Is there anyone else here besides you I'd be talking to? Didn't the headmaster tell you to support us? Work your butt off for us if you really want that prize money."

"Understood."

I turned the music on and listened closely. From my knowledge of music, there were four different types of music in this. Jamil seemed to also have that question on his mind. Vil noticed my questioning look and sighed. "I had urban hip hop in mind as the base, with jazz, breakdance and voguing mixed in as well. There will be three main vocalists. The other members will focus their performance on the chorus and dance."

Kalim was confused by that. "Huh? We're not all singing together?"

"Without a perfect harmony, our singing will sound like screeching. It would be difficult to get all seven of our singing on the same level. So we have to pick certain points to focus on improvising."

I nodded at this. It would sound chaotic. This would be interesting.

-Timeskip-

Vil was going to show them a video on Magicame(Magicam? I dunno), but first, a moment of Grim's pride kicking in. "I know how this works, y'know. You have to watch an ad first if you wanna watch the video for free, right?"

-The Ad-

Narrator: The most important thing is a light, powder-snow softness and to protect your delicate skin from UV damage.
Neige: This magical sunscreen will make your wish come true.
Narrator: Felicite Cosmetics Precious Protection Base.
Neige: Hey, come here.

-End of Ad-

That was Neige. Naga described him as a beautiful person, and now I knew why. He was gorgeous. Not my type though. Heck, I didn't even know what my type was. I tuned everyone out to see if anything changed with Vil. Not quite yet, it was only a matter of time though. I tuned as Rook started a little tangent. "Ahhh. His rose-red lips, shiny ebony hair, and precious smile that could win over anyone. As a rival, he is truly beauté!"