8

Louis

The past few weeks have been nothing but boring. Our new friend group, consisting of Liam, Niall, Andrea, Harry, Zayn, Oli, and I, did go to the food festival but it was a complete disaster.

By complete disaster I mean, getting recognised by a huge group of fans and having to leave early.

Before getting mobbed though, Harry and I were having a really nice time. I learned lots of things about him, his hobbies and family etc.

I really like Harry. I feel like he is a very down to earth, caring man who has been through a lot but has persevered in an incredible way.

I also think that I have become a better person around him. Cheesy, I know.

I'm not the only one that has noticed this either though. Zayn has commented about my "over generosity" lately, whatever that means, and Oli said that Harry makes me happier. Which I completely agree with.

The reason why these past few weeks have been boring is because I haven't seen Harry since the food festival. He's been busy working and I've been writing and recording for my next album.

I've texted him every now and then but nothing compares to seeing his contagious smile in person.

I'm sitting in my "writing room" as I call it and listening to Oli almost scream-talking to his home school teacher. I swear he is getting louder with his speech as the days go by.

I sigh and sit my guitar back on its stand before leaving the room. I make my way to the kitchen, walking past Oli and his teacher, and grab myself a glass of water.

My phone dings from my pocket and startles me a bit before I quickly snatch it out.

Harry:

How do you feel about Chinese food? x

Louis:

Love it! Wouldn't mind having some soon... x

Harry:

Your wish is my command!

I rolled my eyes fondly at him before going to check on Oli. Maybe I'll sit in on part of his lesson too?

"What month did the Spanish-American War begin and what month did it end? Also include the year for me." I heard the tutor ask Oli as I rounded the corner. I stuck my head in but tried not to disturb them.

"Uhm, I know that it started in April but I can't remember when it ended. And was it 1890?" Oli looked frustrated with himself, and I can understand why because he absolutely hates US History.

"It did begin in April, very good. It ended in December and the year was 1898." Oli huffed.

"I don't understand why I even have to learn US History! I mean me and my brother are British! I know I didn't grow up there very long but I don't think I need to learn all about America!" Oli spoke loudly and signed furiously. I stepped in full view of the two sitting at my kitchen table, causing them to both look my way.

"I know school can be frustrating Oli, but since we're in America now, you need to learn their curriculum. Which includes US History." I signed calmly. Out of the corner of my eye, Oli's teacher was sending me a grateful look which I smiled at. I pulled out one of the chairs from the table and sat ceremoniously on it.