29

Louis

"That was perfect, Louis! This single is going to be the best yet!" Ron gave me a supportive pat on the back while grinning widely. I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my mouth at his enthusiasm.

"I think so too, I'm so excited to put another album out!" We just played through the final version of my new single 'Don't Let It Break Your Heart' and I won't lie, it's one of my best songs by far.

"Me too, mate. We should definitely go out and celebrate tonight!" I hesitated before agreeing to Ron's night out idea.

"I might have some other plans tonight but I will definitely let you know later!" I stood up from my chair, stretching my arms over my head tiredly.

"Oh, you mean date plans with your boyfriend?" Ron wiggled his eyebrows playfully, causing me to roll my eyes.

I honestly hope that I have date plans with Harry tonight because we haven't seen each other since that awkward double date with Liam and Gemma a week ago. He's been really busy with school exams coming up and I've been spending night and day recording and writing for the new album. I really miss him.

"I'll text you later mate." I gave Ron a hug goodbye and he waved me off with another remark about date night to which I ignored.

I made my way out of the studio building, waving goodbye to the receptionist of the building before walking into the sweltering California heat. I slid on my sunglasses and fumbled with my car keys for a moment before hearing someone calling my name. I searched around the parking lot and didn't see anyone until they were suddenly moving toward me quickly, waving their arms wildly.

I took a good look at the woman that was walking toward me and almost gasped in surprise. The long brown hair, hazel eyes, and full lips all look far too familiar and I'm not sure if I was seeing things correctly.

"Louis! It's been so long!" She was close enough now that she was able to reach out and touch me if she wanted and I was sure now who was standing in front of me.

"Mom?" I was beyond confused and, quite frankly, angry at her appearance.

"Louis, I have been looking for you for a long time and I've finally found you!" She was elated at the sight of me and I shook my head frustrated.

"No. You don't get to come to my place of work and bombard me in the parking lot. Not after all this time." She was slightly taken aback at my forward aggression but she decided to not let that perturb her.

"Honey, you aren't exactly easy to find so your work was the only place I knew I would be able to speak with you." She reached her hand out but I took a step back.

"No. No. No." I kept repeating the word as I slipped past her and tried to make it to my car without her presence. I heard her quick footsteps behind me and felt her hand wrap around my wrist, trying to slow me down. I yanked my hand from her touch and spun around to come face to face with her.

"NO! Stay away from me. I don't want to see you ever again." I seethed and felt tears well in my eyes, luckily I still had on my sunglasses so she wouldn't see how much this interaction is affecting me.

"Please, Louis. I want to make up for what I did to you. You shouldn't have been alone and having to raise a child while you were still one. Please, let me explain." I just ignored her pleads and took off for my car again. I had just put my hand on the door handle when she spoke up again.

"How is Oliver?" I froze and lifted my head slightly at her words. How is Oliver?! How about, if you would have taken care of your own kid for the past fifteen years, you would know exactly how he is!