30

Louis

I have no idea what to do now. It has been a week since my mother decided to make an appearance in my life again. She's been persistent in her quest to become a 'family' with Oli and myself again, like we had a good 'family' to begin with.

I looked through the messages on my phone, seeing some from my manager, one from Oli, a couple from Zayn, one from Harry, and around ten from my mother.

From: Unknown number

Louis, this is your mom. Please call me when you get the chance.

From: Unknown number

I want to meet with you so we can talk. Please, Louis.

From: Unknown number

I also want to see Oli. I know I haven't seen him since he was a child but he's still my son.

From: Unknown number

Louis, I know you don't like me at the moment but I want to make things up to you.

From: Unknown number

I've missed you Louis.

The texts came in almost every half hour and I was really contemplating blocking the number. I can't stand the thought of Jillian speaking with Oli and trying to persuade him into keeping her in his life. I know it's inevitably up to him but I don't want to give her the opportunity to disappoint him once again.

I heard a tap against my bedroom door. Sighing, I placed my phone on my bedside table and walked the short distance to the wooden door. I swung it open and was met with the face of my best friend.

"Hey Lou." I felt tears start to rush to my eyes before I wrapped my arms around him tightly.

"Zayn-" I choked on my words and couldn't finish a sentence to save my life. I don't know what came over me, maybe the stress of seeing my mother again, having to cope with the fact that she wants to see Oli, or that Oli wanted nothing to do with his own mother.

"Let's sit so we can talk about the mess you're in."  Zayn mumbled to me. I nodded my head and let him guide us to my bed, both sitting on the edge.

"Oli filled me in on what happened last week but I want to know how we're going to dodge the whole 'mother of the year' act." I scoffed lightly at Zayn's attempt to make light of the situation but shook my head lightly.

"I have no idea. When she tried this years ago, Oli wasn't old enough to even know what was going on. I almost wish that I could've hidden this from him but I know that would've been wrong on my part, to keep him in the dark." Zayn agreed.

"You did the right thing, Lou." He placed his hand in my shoulder. "Has she tried to contact you since last week?"

I silently grabbed my phone, going to my messages and handed Zayn the device. I watched his eyebrows quirk up at all the messages that Jillian had sent.

"Wow. You can't say she isn't persistent." I scoffed once again and nodded along. Zayn rubbed a hand down his face and gave my phone back to me. "Maybe you should start by blocking her number. That way you won't have to stress every time your phone gives you a notification."

"You're right." I quickly did such and let out a deep breath. "Next on the agenda, how do I know that she didn't follow me to the house from the studio last week?"

"Maybe you can get the girl at the front desk of the studio to access the security cameras. See if she tried to take off after you." Zayn leaned back casually on my bed.