18

Louis

"Life gets hard and it gets messed up

When you give so much, but it's not enough

When the high's too high, and the low's too low

When you love someone and they let you go-"

I saw Ron, my producer, wave his hands around from outside the sound proof booth. I had been recording my new song that I wrote a while ago and Ron is always notorious for interrupting takes. I won't admit it to him but it's bloody annoying.

I turned my head to the side and raised my eyebrows, basically asking what he wanted this time. He gestured for me to walk out of the booth so I huffed and took my headphones off, resisting the urge to throw them against the glass separating the two of us.

"What was wrong with that take Ron? My voice wasn't smooth enough?" I asked sarcastically whilst ignoring his eye roll.

"No, nothing was wrong with your singing. I was calling you out here because your manager called and wants you to leave the studio early to meet her for lunch." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I can't leave my recording session early, I need to have this song recorded so we can release it by the end of the month!" Ron nodded along to my statement.

"I hate it too man, but you know how she can get. She also sounded sort of excited which is strange for her." We both laughed and I tried to convince him to let me stay but he basically pushed me out the door yelling 'good luck!'

----

I made it to the posh restaurant that my manager set up for us to meet at and I locked the doors on my Range Rover before trotting up to the doors. I was greeted by a hostess that apparently knew who I was meeting because she immediately took me to a table near the back of the extravagant restaurant.

"Natalie, you know how I hate being in these types of restaurants." I told my manager as I sat in my chair. She just scoffed and picked up her menu that looked like it had way too many options.

"You're a celebrity Louis. We can't have a business meeting in a McDonalds." She replied.

"The food would probably be better there..." I mumbled under my breath and saw her head snap up to gaze at me.

"What was that?" Her perfectly arched brows were furrowed and her eyes felt like they were drilling into my skull. I threw a beaming smile at her.

"Nothing, darling." I chuckled to myself.

A waiter eventually came around, taking our drink and food orders before leaving again. I made myself comfortable in my seat and met Natalie's eyes across the table once again.

"So, what exactly is this business meeting about? Ron told me that you sounded excited over the phone." Natalie smiled and clapped her hands together in small celebration.

"Well, I'm excited because I have exciting news!" I gestured for her to continue.

"I, along with other members of your management, have noticed that you have a new love interest and we were very intrigued." I choked slightly on my spit and took deep breaths to correct the slip up.