22

Louis

I couldn't be more nervous right now. My hands fell like they are numb and my whole body is sweating. I didn't even know my ass could sweat?

Harry and I are currently driving to his mother's home so I can officially meet them. I have never felt this gut twisting nervousness in my entire life. Not even when I am about to perform! 

My eyes haven't left the passenger side window the entire drive. I've been trying to calm myself by counting different things that I see. How many cars are red? How many out of state license plates? How many of those obnoxious stick figure family stickers on the rear windshield? I noticed we were slowing down and turning into a nice and neatly polished neighborhood. I watched the small family homes pass by and saw some kids playing in their front yards.

Harry pulled onto the driveway of a small brick home with a cute painted red door. The lawn was kept and I saw some flowers blooming in a pot the was sat next to the front door. I turned my head to look at Harry and saw him surveying the home also. I could tell that his nerves had calmed since we left his house this morning but they were still simmering beneath the surface.

I placed my cold hand on his arm and watched as he turned his pensive gaze towards me. I was almost lost in his green eyes but quickly snapped myself out of it.

"Are you okay?" I asked hesitantly. He turned his head to look back at the small house in front of us before signing.

"This isn't the house I grew up in. She sold the other one and moved across town so I wouldn't be afraid to visit her." I could sense the tension in the car and tried my best to comfort him by laying my palm on his thigh gently. I squeezed it for good measure and made him look at me again.

"Are you still wanting to do this? We can wait a little longer?" He quickly shook his head and practically jumped out of his car. I followed him and we met one another at the front steps leading to the door. He glanced at me and took my hand in his, giving it a reassuring squeeze. I smiled at him and nodded, trying to convince him and myself that this was going to be great.

We both walked up the three short steps and he brought his fist up, basically pounding on the door. I giggled at his loud knocking but was interrupted from saying anything by the door swinging open rapidly.

A mess of brown hair came barreling toward Harry, causing me to release the grip I had on his hand. I heard Harry's angelic laugh and tried to get a good look at whoever almost tackled my boyfriend to the ground. I didn't have to figure out who this was on my own because the person was pulling back from Harry and signing at a ridiculously fast pace.

"How long has it been since you've visited your sister?! Two, three months?" I smiled and waited for her to notice that someone else was in her presence. It didn't take long because Harry cut his eyes over to me and smiled, his sister following his gaze.

"Hi! I'm Harry's sister Gemma!" She spoke to me and I looked between the two siblings, wondering why she didn't sign as she was speaking.

"I can read her lips really well so sometimes she doesn't sign if her sentences are short." Harry answered my questioning gaze and I nodded.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Louis." I signed and spoke. Gemma smiled and gestured for us to come inside. 

Harry took my hand again and lead me inside the charming home. I could tell that his mother had a sense for interior design because her house was decorated to perfection. I hadn't seen a spec of dust on the furniture or random shoes laying about like they are at my house. I turned my head when I heard another voice coming from our left.