Chapter 43: Uncertainty

**Kaminari's POV**

"Aren't you tired of getting stepped on? People laugh at your idiocy because you lack the skill to control your power? Don't you want to crush them too?" The man with long black ponytail hair gazed down at me as I stayed on the ground.

The yellow ends of his hair swayed with the wind. Golden eyes that were identical to mine stared at me as if he was looking at his own reflection in the mirror.

"Get up, let's get back to training," he reached his hand out in which I grab to pull myself up.

Ever since the USJ incident, this man appeared out of nowhere claiming to be me from the future. "Kaden" was his alias. At first I thought it was just some sick joke, but when he revealed secrets that only I knew of and foresaw the future events that turned out to be true, there was no doubt that man was me, Kaminari Denki.

"Don't get distracted!" He yelled before launching electricity from his palms which I dodged by a hair's breadth. I hunched over while panting.

"Huh? Don't tell me you're worn out? Come on, you destroyed the school's defence system and helped the League of Villains invade USJ by yourself. I know you're not that weak!" He shouted before sending me the second blow. 

I straightened my trembling body and looked at him in the eye. Yes, its true that it was me who aided the League of Villains. All because I wanted to prove my worth. I grew up being looked down by so many people, my relatives, friends and even my own parents. They treated me like a powerless laughing stock and eyed me in such a condescending manner. I wanted them to regret for ever ill-treating me.

"I will show them who's the top!" I gritted my teeth.

"That's the spirit!" Kaden smirked.

In our first meeting, he told me I will come across a girl named Y/N who has the ability to manipulate any form of liquid. I wondered what was the significance of telling me that but little did I know that it's her who will be the reason for my downfall.

"Y/N had intercepted my plans on changing this garbage society. You agree too don't you? To live in a world where the neglected ones rise and the arrogant heroes fall. They're just hero by name. In reality, they wouldn't sacrifice a hair to save someone. We will change that together, Kaminari. You've proved yourself worthy when you joined hands with me and the League Of Villains. May we prevail!" He bellowed with pride.

----------

When the morning came, the lesson resumed as usual without Aizawa and Y/N. It was apparent that something had happened between them after she left my house the other day. Judging from her intellectual and sharp instincts, there was no doubt her suspicion on me heightened. She might have figured that Kaden and I are connected. Eliminating her now would be difficult if she has put up a barrier of defence.

"Hm? Y/N is not here?" Uraraka questioned.

"Ah that's right. She texted me beforehand that she had to visit her mother the whole day today so she wouldn't be coming.." Yaoyorozu, the vice president of the class, replied.

"Mother..? But-" she paused for a moment and slowly came to a realisation. "Oh, I remember now. She said today is the 10th anniversary of her mother's death."

My body stiffened. I stared wide eyed at my desk refusing to look up.

"I didn't know her mother passed away.." Yaoyorozu muttered.

"I don't know the whole story but I heard she died protecting y/n from a villain. What a great tragedy," Uraraka murmured the last few words.

As the pair fell silent, the palpitations in my heart grew stronger and louder. I swallowed my saliva hard in discomfort.