Chapter 12: I Am Home

'hey, aizawa. when i return, will you look at me the way you used to? is there a place for me in your heart? in your mind?  i don't want to be forgotten. not by you,'

"Y/N!!!!"

Everything was still pitch black but the yelling was loud and clear. The noise bounced back and forth between the parallel walls of what felt like a small room.

A small room..

like a basement.

Your eyes darted open only to find Todoroki beneath you, body pressed against one other. He had his hands tightly placed on your shoulders.

"Are you okay, y/n?" He gently asked.

"Y-yes.."

That was when you heard another cry. Multiple of cries. The room was in an uproar. Surprised, you stood up instantly and saw familiar faces.

"E..everyone.. why are you-"

Mina cut you off with a sudden hug. Then another from Uraraka, followed by Tsuyu and Hagakure. Just when you thought it was the end, you collapsed under the weight of all your classmates.

They gripped you firmly, afraid to let you go again. The thought of losing you brought the worst case scenario into their heads. And they didn't want that.

"When-" Uraraka sobbed.

"When we heard that you got sucked in by the time machine, we thought–" she sobbed again.

"We thought we would never see you again-" she cried unceasingly.

You stared at her wide eye, surprised by the response. You smiled wanly and brushed her hair.

"It's okay. I'm here now, aren't i? That aside, what happened while I was away? And.... how long was I away for?" You asked as they loosened their grip and pulled you up.

"After you were taken away, Todoroki met up with the rest of us. He looked so pale and haggard we thought he had seen a ghost. But that wasn't the case. When he told us about it, none of us doubted him. Afterall, he had no reason to lie," Uraraka explained.

Tsuyu continued, "We did whatever we could to make the machine work again but to no avail. We contacted Sensei but he was in the middle of an important meeting. He told us not to touch anything until he comes back but-"

"Our hands got itchy," Mina laughed sheepishly.

"It was hella difficult. We tried everything but it didn't work. I felt like we were solving a puzzle with no definite answers," Kirishima added.

"Well, not until Momo figured it out. She figured the transportation might have used up a lot of energy so she told Kaminari to charge the machine to the maximum ," Jirou said.

"And i fried my brain once again," Kaminari gave a thumbs up.

"But you were gone for about 3 hours,"

Your muscles tensed up and you froze. Three hours? Only.. three hours? In that 3 hours you were away, you had spent over a month in the other world. Or maybe more. To think that thousands of memories were made in that span of 3 hours... Living with Aizawa, fighting the villain, going shopping with Midnight, beach outing with the class, summer festival and many more.