Chapter 28: I Loved You

After donning your black sweater and leggings, you trudged your way to the living room with a bunch of learning materials in your hand. You had to get work done before school resumes, so you sat down leg crossed with the various textbooks spread out on the coffee table.

Aizawa stole a glance at your direction, observing how you were so concentrated on the work. But the moment you got frustrated, you started pulling each strands of your hair like a lunatic.

It amazed him how you were able to move on so quickly though it was probably just a distraction to cope with what just happened.

"You know, you can always ask me-"

"I don't need your help!" you bellowed while aggressively writing on your homework. A small chuckle escaped from his lips as he sipped a cup of tea.

When the last few remnants of light disappeared, the night conquered the vast sky. It was crazy how time passed very fast whenever you were with him. If only you had the power to slow down time, then you would be able to savour each and every moment with the man you love-

'STOP. What are you thinking?! You're supposed to move on!!' you mentally slapped yourself.

The thought of being under one roof with him made you blush even harder. Truthfully it felt like you were both newlyweds, settling down after purchasing a new house. The thought intensified when your eyes landed on Aizawa who was busy preparing dinner with his back facing your direction.

Your eyes traced his figure carefully, scrutinising how slender yet sturdy his body was despite looking like a homeless man to some people. Aizawa must've worked out daily because his built was not one to mess with. He was tall, almost reaching the kitchen hood hanging above the stove. His dark hair was neatly tied into a bun with a few strands poking out around the back of his neck. Watching him cook made your breath hitch and heart tingle while evoking the same sensation you felt the very first day you met him, and that was love.

Loving someone without being loved back, that sentiment definitely had to be true love right? It hurts too much to be anything else. And no matter how hard your mind try to erase it, his existence had engraved greatly on your heart. There was no way you could stop this heart from beating for him.

Slowly, you stood up and approached the oblivious man who was unaware of your close presence. Before his hand could reach out for a bowl, you embraced him tightly from the back, binding him with your arms around his waist. His breathing stopped from the sensation of having your chest pressed closely against his back.

"Aizawa..." you snuggled in his clothes as his familiar scent lingered in your nose. His eyes widened upon the sudden action.

Silence filled the kitchen for what felt like eternity with only the bubbling sound of the gravy echoing. You frowned, feeling the blood rush up to your face.

"What do you think you're doing, y/n" Aizawa finally spoke after regaining his composure.

While tightening your grip, you responded, "What do you think I'm doing?"

Your heart was ready to burst through your ribcage at any moment but that didn't prevent you from letting him go because you truly missed being loved by him.

"Why can't you love me back?" you asked softly.

"Didn't you say that you would release me from your life?"

"Stupid! I'm trying my hardest, believe me," you cried.

Aizawa's eyes softened upon hearing your crying voice. He stared at the wall opposite him, pondering over what his next course of action should be. He heaved a sigh before turning around to face you.