Chapter 18: Training

**y/n's POV**

"One chance a year, three chances in a lifetime, no aspiring hero can afford to miss this festival. The U.A sports festival," Aizawa announced.

The tension in the room began to arise along with the
chatters of your classmates. There was a distinct line that separates the people who were doubtful and those who were thrilled. Honestly you were unsure yourself, taking into account the catastrophe that happened way before you entered. Yes, the infamous USJ incident.

However, you also believed that a festival, bigger than the Olympics, shouldn't be cancelled because of some petty villains. This festival was not only for 1-A. It was for the different classes, departments and hero agencies. It gives the opportunity for the hidden gems to shine and for the pro heroes to choose their candidates. But even so, the festival was still a double-edged sword. With this, villains will acquire information of all the quirks, aiding their scheme for another attack.

"Don't worry," Aizawa paused.

"Villains won't lay a hand on you just because your quirks have been revealed. If anything, they should fear you for your quirks are not stagnant. That's why you have to train hard. Not just for the festival but also for whats to come in the future," he said as if he had read your very own mind, or rather facial expression as he was staring at you.

"That being said, today's training will be held at the P.E Grounds. All of you are required to practise and improve the strength of your respective quirks. Anyone seen slacking, will have a taste of hell," he grinned devilishly.

A chill ran down everyone's spine as black ominous swirls began to emit from Aizawa. Glaring at the class with his red glinting eyes. He was more excited to catch his students idling around than watch them progress.

'WHAT IS HE? A DEMON?!'

After switching to the P.E garments, the class headed out into the field for their training. They were quick to choose their partners to practise with but some chose to work alone. As for you, you already had a specific person in mind.

"Todoroki, lets go!" you took his hand and pulled him away like a kid hauling his mom to a toy store.

Dragging him took effort because his legs were not moving voluntarily. He was literally wearing off your stamina by letting you do all the work of pulling him like a cart. Annoyed, you turned around to glare at him when he returned you with a mischievous smile.

'WHAT IS HE? A DEMON TOO?'

"If you're gonna fight me, at least have the strength to pull me," he smirked.

"What? .... Oh hoho, I see," you released his hand and faced him head on.

"Then let's do it here then. Right now!" you yelled and got on your fighting stance.

Similarly, he mirrored your action. The atmosphere fell silent as pairs of eyes were focused on the two of you. You recalled the night he confessed his desire to know you better, and this was the best way to do so. By introducing the spectrum of your quirk. Likewise, you wished to know his side of abilities and maybe the reason why he chose not to use his other half. You wanted to know how he got his scar and why his body would always tense up whenever Endeavour's name is mentioned. You wanted to know his side of story.

As Todoroki got closer you took a few steps back, closing in to the tree plantations behind you. He stomped his foot to make a lane of ice that travelled right beneath your feet. Before it could freeze your legs, you leaped sideways while ensuring the forestation was within your range.

"Its my turn now," you flashed him a toothy grin.

You raised all ten fingers and curved your palms as if there was an invisible ball. Slowly, you lifted your hands making Todoroki retreat. It wasn't the fact that your presence startled him, it was the fact that there were actual blobs of water drawn from the grasses right behind you. It wasn't just one or two, there were probably thousands of them.