Chapter 38: His Bloodlust

————
Your mind pondered over last night's event when he caressed your skin and clashed his lips with yours. That night felt surreal but fleeting. His words still lingered in your head. 'Altered time'? What did he mean by that?

"Y/N. Hey, Y/N" A muffled voice spoke.

The way Aizawa's body stiffened as if a secret had slipped out of his mouth, was peculiar. You recalled the sentence he said, 'the secret will be revealed and you will soon come to hate me for my actions.'

"What secret.." you whispered.

"Ooooiii~ Earth to y/n!!" The voice became clear enough for you to snap back to reality.

"Ah, sorry Kaminari.."

"Did you hear what I said?" He asked with both hands on his hips. You sheepishly shook your head.

"So I was asking if you're still up for our study session later? You're supposed to tutor me for our upcoming exam?" He reminded.

The realisation then hit you. Yesterday, you had agreed to come over Kaminari's house to teach him Literature.

"Right.. it totally slipped my mind. Yes, sure,"

It wasn't unusual for Kaminari to ask for help when it comes to academics but you wondered why out of all people, he chose you. You were neither excellent nor poor in studies, moreover there were people who were better than you, like Momo or Iida for example.

You mentally sighed and brushed it off because it wasn't worth the time racking your brain over it.

'I mean, it's not like he's going to do anything bad to me, is he?'

Just like that the lesson ended in a blink of an eye. Aizawa closed the textbook in his hand and peered up to his students. He ran through the topics that would be tested in the exam one last time while glancing at you from time to time. Once he was done, everyone soon dispersed as Kaminari ran up to me.

"Lets go, Lets go!" He perkily said while hooking his arm around yours.

"Where to?" A cold voice appeared almost immediately. You turned around to discover Todoroki slightly pouting with a tinge of jealousy in his face.

"Ah! I'm just going to his house to tutor him,"

"Alone?"

"Yeah. Do you wanna come along?" You asked.

Then, at that moment, you felt Kaminari's body tensed. Though it was subtle, you could feel him tightening his grip around your arm. Your eyes took a small glance at him from the side, as his aura intensified.

"Hmm, I would like to join, but I'm visiting my mom in the hospital later,"

Your eyes darted back to Todoroki, failing to catch a glimpse of Kaminari's expression , "Ah.. I see. Send my regards to her then!"

As the two of you walked ahead, another figure obstructed the door.

"And just where are you going, young lady?" Aizawa queried in hostile. He glared down at you then towards Kaminari, never taking his eyes away.

"Im-"

"Hey sensei, ya don't have to know her whereabouts 24/7, right?" Kaminari cut off your sentence midway. "Moreover, it's not like you're her dad or anything,"

Aizawa frowned and retorted, "Until her uncle comes back, I'm her guardian."

Once again, you felt that intense aura from Kaminari. Somehow, it felt ... murderous. Stealthily, your eyes shifted towards him without moving an inch. His aura felt like it was suffocating you every second. When you finally got a view of his facial expression, you almost let out a high pitch gasp. The way his eyes bulged out and his shoulders heaved were similar to that of a psychopath on the brink of snapping.