Chapter 44: Attack

When the exams have come to an end, the training camp began. The chaos started when everyone was thrown into the Beast's Forest by Pixie-bob's quirk and ever since then, training hadn't been so easy for any of us. Waking up at 5 in the morning, training your body till it goes completely sore and having to cook dinner from scratch without rest. It was exhausting but crucial for strengthening everyone's quirk.

After a hearty dinner, the Pussycats as well as Aizawa gathered all the students to the open space where they will be briefed on the Test of Courage.

"This is so exciting!!" Uraraka exclaimed.

"Right? I can't wait-" before Mina could complete her sentence she was interrupted by the poker-faced teacher.

"Not so fast. Those who failed to get a score of 60% and above on their previous exams will not be allowed to participate in this test of courage,"

"Oh shit," Kirishima whispered under his breath.

"We're done for," Sero slapped his forehead.

"Sato, Mina, Kirishima, Sero, Kaminari and lastly, Y/N. The six of you shall remain here for your supplementary lesson with me until we're done,"

"You've got to be joking?!" Mina's jaw dropped.

Your eyes dilated as everyone's head slowly turned to look at you. It was understandable why the other 5 had to stay but no one had expected you to fail your exams because you were far more intelligent than most students. Beyond average but below excellence was what you are.

Eyebrows pulled into a frown, you spun towards his direction and simultaneously, his eyes made contact with yours. Something tells you that it was a setup, because those patronising eyes were proof itself.

Just as you were about to speak, Aizawa dragged the other 5 back to the facility while everyone else remained behind to continue with their test of courage. You sluggishly walked after them, glancing from Aizawa then back to Kaminari, who was surprisingly normal. Who would've thought he was the villain who killed your mom. He masks his true colours too well that even you were fooled by it. Despite that, you wondered if you could ever take him down when the time comes.

The door to the classroom slid open to reveal Neito and 1-B's homeroom teacher, Vlad King. Neito burst into a fit of laughter after seeing the number of 1-A students who had to attend remedial class. Everyone stride into the room in irritation but as soon as you walked, an arm stretched out right before you, obstructing the entrance. Your eyes travelled up to see Aizawa.

"Except you," he merely said.

"Huh..?"

"Vlad, I'll leave to you to handle the kids. I'll come back soon once I'm done,"

He didn't question nor react, just a simple nod and the door was closed again. Without a word, Aizawa grabbed your wrist and dragged you down the corridor.

"Hold on! Wait! Care to explain what the hell is going on, sensei?!" You yelled but he wouldn't stop. The grip began to tighten every second and he kept going without looking back.

The both of you came to a halt in front of a steel door as he hastily unlocked it using a passcode. You were too busy trying to comprehend everything without realising he had already pulled you inside. All four walls of the small room was coated in white, adding to the hollow ambience. And to make matters worse, there was nothing except a single window with metal grills.

Once you have grasped the surrounding, you quickly spun around to face Aizawa who looked just as anxious.

"What is the meaning of this? Are you trying to lock me up just because I refused to talk to you?"