Chapter 36: Protect Her

Tsukauchi's eyes scrutinised the CCTV monitors which displayed various parts of the hospital you were admitted to previously. The timestamp indicated 8am but there were no signs of the black haired villain anywhere. All of a sudden, a flash appeared, blinding one of the hallway surveillance cameras that led to your ward. When the light diminished, a certain male in a doctor's coat appeared right in front of your door. It was the villain.

It took Tsukauchi less than a second to press the space bar and pause the video. He leaned forward in bewilderment as the chair creaked in the dark surveillance room. The computer mouse hovered over the settings where he increased the resolution filter in order to enhance the footage. Little by little, the image started to clear and the man's face was beginning to show up.

Tsukauchi gasped when he noticed the distinct resemblance between the male and one of U.A's students, Kaminari Denki. His mind pondered over the first time Aizawa brought this up on the first day of the entrance exam.

—flashback—

"Are you sure you're not mistaken?" Tsukauchi asked while flipping through the list of students who enrolled in U.A.

"I'm telling you, The villain who attacked y/n and her mother looked exactly like that student. Furthermore, the villain mentioned something about time travelling and coming from the future," Aizawa said in agitation.

"Hmm, this student also possessed a similar quirk.." He whispered under his breath.

"I have a feeling that he is somehow affiliated with the villain. No, maybe not affiliated. Maybe he is the villain," Aizawa replied, instantly making Tsukauchi turn.

There wasn't any proof to back up Aizawa's speculation since there were no surveillance cameras to reveal the villain's identity. Additionally, the police force failed to locate his whereabouts and as a result, declared the case closed due to lack of evidence and information.

Tsukauchi's eyes glanced over the sheet of paper with a picture of Kaminari. A smile so bright yet so deceptive, the perfect candidate to disguise as a villain.

He squinted his eyes for a moment before speaking, "Then, let's investigate this. Secretly. I need you to keep an eye on this Kaminari kid. Take note of his activities, his connections, his family history, basically everything. I will continue to find details about the lightning quirk villain and his whereabouts," he instructed and Aizawa only nodded in response.

— end of flashback —

- -
The orange sphere sunk below the horizon and before you knew it, the sky had transitioned to black. It was exceptionally dark as the stars never appeared and only the smell of rain replaced it. Your nose started to twitch when you realised that a storm was coming.

Todoroki glanced at you from the side as the two of you continued to walk silently back home.

"Ah, you can just drop me off here," you spoke as you halted before the diverging pathways. 

"You don't want me to send you home?" He asked with a tinge of disappointment.

"N-no! That's not it. I just don't want to burden you. Besides, your house is pretty far away. You should quickly get back home," you lied. Truth is, you fear that Aizawa would spot you with him again and end up lecturing you for it.

Todoroki didn't want to force you so he respectfully complied with your request and gently placed a kiss on your lips. At this point, you were accustomed to his kisses and gestures that it didn't surprise you anymore. To him, it was how he bid farewell. But it amazed you how bolder he had become.

After walking for some time, you finally arrived at your apartment door. Taking a deep breath, you entered while bracing yourself for the lecture that was approaching. However there was only silence, accompanied by small faint breathings.