Chapter 3: A Flame In My Heart

You packed your things and headed out. Though you were left with only 30 minutes of detention, you didn't care.

It hurts. Even after saving someone, no praises were given from him. No "good job," or "you did well,". Just pure scolding.

With your head hung low, you sniffled and rubbed your nose as you dragged your feet towards the entrance gate.

' stupid aizawa ...'

And at that moment , your head bumped into a rather solid "wall". You had already made up your mind, in the course of that few seconds to throw hands on whatever was before you.

Your (e/c) eyes swiftly shifted to the person towering you only to realise you've made a grave mistake. All that anger simmered down when your eyes met those space grey orbs that you knew all too well.

"A-aizawa ,, sensei ..." you stuttered.

"Where do you think you're going, young lady? You're still detained."

You looked away and blew your fringe in annoyance. The hero that saved you wasn't at all like this, at least thats what you thought.

" i'm going home," you replied nonchalantly and walked past him.

All of a sudden, he grabbed your bag and dragged you back to the position you were before that.

"O-oi - this is abuse!"

"No it isnt. But this is," without warning, he flicked your forehead hard with every ounce of his energy.

" SENSEIII !!!" you cried as you covered your now bruised forehead.

He sighed in defeat and bent down to your level. Swiftly, without you noticing, he reached out his hand and patted your head.

"you did well, (y/n)."

Amidst all those cries, you stopped halfway to process what just happened. Truthfully, you thought your ears deceived you until you looked at him again.

" whAt?"

"you did a great job in saving her life today,"

"eh ...... EHHHH????????!!?!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

"God, you're very loud,"

" b-but—"

" The girl told me what you said to her. In addition, she even begged me to not scold you. After all those words, how can i stay mad at you,"

Embarrassed, you looked away. It was his first compliment. The first compliment from your hero.

"However,, you better not act recklessly again. It's a waste if we lose a potential hero,"

With that, he walked away. His last words embraced your heart ever so tightly that you didn't know how to react. Instead, your knees buckled and you fell down to the ground.

Slowly, your hand moved up to your chest and you tightly gripped your shirt. Shades of red seared across your face. At this point, you had already become a tomato.

——— next day ———

The bell finally rang, announcing the end of school. Everyone was already packing their bags when all of a sudden Aizawa spoke,

"The bell doesn't dismiss you, i do."

Everyone groaned in annoyance and sank back to their chairs. But you didn't mind though. At least you got to see his face longer.

'eh? what am i thinking!!?'

After Aizawa walked out, you heard footsteps coming towards you. It was Mina.

"(Y/N)! I heard something crazy happened yesterday!! Omg. You are such a hero!!"