Chapter 11: Going Home

** Aizawa's POV **

''Why is she .. fading away?''

I stared in horror as her legs started to disappear accompanied by little specks of light that dissolved in the air. It was fading at a slow pace.

"I.. can't seem to feel my legs.. Aizawa," her voice trembled, eyes still fixated on her legs.

At that moment, my body froze. My mind went blank. The pounding of my heart was loud and clear, it was ready to break through my ribcage yet my body refused to move.

Suddenly, a voice rang in my head.

'For every cause, there is a definite effect,'

'She doesn't belong here. If she stays too long, I can't guarantee her existence will last,'

Those were the last words of Maya. Before leaving, he gave me a piece of paper with his phone number written on it. I never thought much but about it until today. Maybe this was the reason why. He knew this would happen.

When a foreign body enters a world where they don't belong, it is bound to be deleted. Just like a virus.

'Her existence is being wiped away to preserve the future,'

I frowned.

"Y/n, hold on to me,"

She put her arms around me as I lifted her on my back. I took a step back, turned on my heel and sprinted as fast as my my legs could carry. I jumped a flight of stairs before landing on my feet and dropping to my knees. My body rose up unsteadily, legs about to buckle from the pain and pressure. Even so, the thought of giving up had never crossed my mind. I had to save her.

Gritting my teeth, i pushed through and ran down the streets. I took out my phone and dialled Maya's number from memory.

"Eh? Shouta?" A voice spoke.

I took a quick glance as I passed him. It was Oboro, Nemuri, Hizashi and the others.

At the same time, my call was answered.

"This is about y/n, isn't it?"  Maya asked, solemnly.

Nothing came out from my mouth, only harsh laboured breathing.

"Get her to the school now. The time machine is finally ready,"

I ran past my friends and headed forward. That was until i felt someone yanking me back.

"What do you need?" Oboro looked at me worriedly.

I stared at him in disbelief as he rode on his floating cloud. That explained how he could keep up.

"I need you to give us a ride to school,"

Oboro only gave me a teeth-bearing grin. He began to create a larger cloud to fit both me and y/n.

"Hold on tight, don't blame me if you end up rolling over,"

I nodded. He clutched the cloud and began dashing at full speed, dodging every obstacle swiftly.

I looked down at y/n who was tightly holding on to me. Almost half her body was engulfed.

"We're almost ther–"

There was a sudden heat emerging from the left and with a loud boom, it clashed with the incomplete shield-like cloud Oboro made in the nick of time.

The explosion sent us flying into the air and onto the asphalt road. Our bodies slid across the floor, lacerating our skins.

** y/n's POV **