Chapter 6: My Love For You Is Infinity

The both of you walked silently on the hot concrete floor. The azure sky gave the sun opportunity to shower you with heat. The clouds were nowhere in sight to shelter the world. You could feel your back dripping with sweat and the throat dehydrating. At this point, you just wanted to bathe in your own quirk.

You glanced at Aizawa who seemed unbothered by the heat. His hair was still hanging loose. Just by seeing this, made you feel suffocated. How could he stand this hot weather with his untied long hair?

"Sens- i mean Aizawa.. uh Shouta? Shouta-kun? Shouta-san?"

" just call me whichever you prefer,"

"Then, sensei. So .. sensei, do you have aircon in your house?"

He stopped walking and spun around. His bored yet terrifying eyes shot daggers at you which sealed your lips immediately. Your question was answered.

You had to climb up three storeys to his apartment. Upon reaching, the pungent smell of tobacco travelled up your nose. The house was dark and eery even with the lights on. It wasn't a shabby apartment. It had all the things needed to suffice a family. However, it lacked vitality. Only silence filled the air, a silence that could suffocate someone to their demise.

"Sensei,,"

"Let's go," he coldly replied and dragged you to his room.

He shut the door behind him as you settled on the ground with your knees tucked in. Truthfully, it was your first time in a guy's room. However this wasn't the time to think about all that stuff. Because you sensed something was off.

"Sensei, i can stay in the living room though—"

"No!" he cut your sentence.

You looked perplexed at him, shocked than ever.

"..why...?"

Aizawa only remained silent. In your head, you had just slapped yourself a billion times for asking that. You didn't want to trample on his feelings and track mud all over them. Before you could take back what you've said, he answered with the softest voice.

"I live with my aunt and.. she's not the type of person you'd want to mingle with,"

"Aunt..?"

"my parents are dead."

"oh,," you covered your mouth and looked away.

"my aunt took me in and ever since then, this place was like a living hell to me. That alcoholic bitch leaves glass bottles everywhere. She reeks of tobacco all day long,"

"Don't call her a bitch!! You're one to talk,sensei! Do you think you wouldn't drink and smoke in the future?"

He only glared at you with those grey eyes. His glare left you apologising in fear. Your head was pointing downwards, but your eyes were still glued to him. An infinity of suffering and pain was on his every feature.   Something even he couldn't mask. Your brain told you to stop asking but your heart persuaded you to do so because you knew something was hurting him.

"...your parents.."

"yeah, they, were killed .. by a villain."

" i see—"

"and it was all my fault,"

Your shoulders jolted up and you immediately faced him completely. It was rare of him to blame himself.

" back then, i didn't know how to control my quirk. So when my parents were battling with a villain, i unconsciously released my quirk and ended up erasing their's. The villain got the upper hand and took this advantage to kill them off."