Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 24

After the whole ordeal everyone, including the ones that hadn't fought, were breathing raggedly, the whole scene of Hebe and Din's teamwork was nothing less than impressive

After the whole ordeal everyone, including the ones that hadn't fought, were breathing raggedly, the whole scene of Hebe and Din's teamwork was nothing less than impressive. After they recovered the three stalked past the other two, Mayfeld leaning in next to Din, who was still staring at Hebe's sweating figure. "Make sure you clean up your mess." While passing Burg begrudgingly shoulder checked Din which irritated them both. Hebe made sure to look back at the mess she and her companion had made, her eyes traced along the sharp edges of the bottom of his helmet and then to her hand and breathed out. The two stared at each other before Hebe grabbed his hand and began making her way towards the others with Din not far behind her.

In all honesty behind the helmet, he was in a tizzy her not-exactly-skin-to-skin but still contact made the pit of his stomach swirl and for a minute he wished that he could take his gloves off and soak in the feeling of her scarred hand and trace every single white line and ask her where it came from. She was feeling similar and when the duo caught up with the others they shared a feeling of their stomachs flipping at the loss of contact, even if it felt separated by the leather wall of his glove.

When they arrived a door had opened in front of Mayfeld and they both sped up until they were right behind their teammates. "Stop!" A not so tough voice commanded, there was a person on board, after all, they aimed their blaster at the five that entered. Hebe, of course, knew that but decided it would probably be best to keep her mouth shut since she actually wasn't allowed to talk. "Just stop right there," the young man stuttered. Everyone had pulled out their weapon on him except Hebe and Xi'an, though both were still armed.

Hebe felt their thoughts become alarmed since they were convinced the ship only consisted of droids. "You put down your blasters right now." His voice was disguised with false confidence and his hand was lightly trembling. The only one who did what he said was Mayfeld. Burg had his two blasters aimed straight at the boy, Din was still feeling uncertain. "Nice shoes," Mayfeld commented.

"Put down your blasters."

"Matches his belt." Hebe wanted nothing more than to force shut his mouth and render him from making more stupid jokes like that.

"There were only supposed to be on this ship," Mando voiced his obvious concern. He didn't want him and his girl to get tied up in the death of someone from the New Republic. Mayfeld looked around the devices and came up with a cell number. "Hang on, hang on. Let's see here. Uh...cell 221. All right, now for our well-dressed friend," suddenly in a panic the boy pointing the gun pulled out a very a familiar device that caused Hebe's eyes to go wide. Mayfeld started trying to ease the boy along with Mando with calm voices and though it wasn't directed towards Hebe the sound of his voice softening from its sharp edge made the blood in her body slow it's pumping, replacing the fear in her chest with tranquillity.

"What is that thing?" Burg stressed, clueless.

"It's a tracking beacon."

"He presses that thing we're all done. A New Republic attack team will hone in on that signal and blow us all to hell. Put it down now." If it was possible Hebe would've used her abilities to force the kid to do that but that was one of the many things she didn't know how to do. Hebe waited patiently for the speaking people to deal with it, leaning against a nearby wall but stopped when the blaster pointed to her for the first time, she looked straight into his terrified eyes and unfortunately, felt a tinge of sympathy. Din ordered Mayfeld to put his weapon down and tried his best to talk to the guy who could instantly compromise them all.

"What's your name?" The boy stuttered but eventually spoke.

"It's Davan."

"Davan. We're not here for you. We're here for a prisoner. If you let us go about our job, you can walk away with your life."

"No, he won't," Mayfeld pulled out his blaster again, sneering. Din then pulled out a gun on Mayfeld along with Davan. Hebe soon got bored with the conversation and glanced around the room. Everyone was pulling out guns on each other and Hebe rolled her eyes. Men, they just can't stop comparing sizes. It seemed that Xi'an got bored with the conversation too the next thing that caught everyone's attention was a slim blade snugly lodged in Davan's chest, crimson liquid oozed out in between his ripped flesh as he flopped down and onto the panel of controls behind him.

"Would you both just shut up," she whined at the men who lowered their weapons. "Crazy Twi. I had it under control," Mayfeld scoffed.

"Yeah. Looked like it," Xi'an scoffed back. A sense of dread filled all of their chests as a rapid beeping came from the device Davan recently had handled. "Was that thing blinking before? Was it?"

"Zero to Mayfeld. Zero to Mayfeld," the man quickly placed the comm at his mouth. "What?"

"I've detected a New Republic distress signal honing in on your location. You have approximately 20 minutes." Well, certainly that answered their question. "We only need five," Xi'an shrugged. In a hurry, everyone was out of the room Din staying close to Hebe in case something went wrong, which was looking very likely in their situation. Burg, very aggressively might I add, destroyed a few droids that approached. Din and Hebe stuck together, constantly checking back with their blasters in hand with the paranoia of each other getting shot at from behind because they were at the back of the group. Soon they were all standing guarding a cell which Mayfeld instructed Zero to open for them.

And that was when the frantic sense of agita crept up the girl's throat, hand itching their way up her windpipe and squeezing, her mind felt on the verge of a headache. Something was going to go wrong but she was too anxious to assess her situation properly. It seemed as though the whole ship was suddenly void of all sound, in there sat lazily the buffest twi'lek Hebe had ever seen, not that he was that big, he was a similar colour to Xi'an and displayed the same evil smile as her too. "Qin," Mando stepped forwards in recognition.

"Funny, the guy who left me behind is now my saviour," his rocky voice was anything but pleasant, sounding like the voice that wakes you up from the best sleep you have ever had. "Mando," he hissed as he passed him and suddenly Burg growled viciously. This was what felt wrong. He dived at Din, punching him in the chest with that much force that he hit the floor. Hard. So hard that he couldn't breathe. Hebe couldn't either, her first instinct was to duck and boy was she glad she did. Burg lunged at her too. But she hadn't much time to move, their newcomer did something so quickly that it knocked her unconscious grabbed her by the neck and threw her into the back wall of the cell, leaving a small dent in the wall. The air left her body she gasped as the girl landed half on top of Mando, who grunted and caught her weight and hoped that Qin hadn't injured her.

Before the door fully shut one of them fired a blaster shot and Din thought he got lucky when it hit his head, not hers. It bounced off and knocked him back, Hebe was lying in between his legs, her face leaning onto his thigh. "Hey," he whisper-shouted at her and poked her cheek, the skin on his face burned a light pink when he saw the forming bruise forming in a blotchy black and yellow patches on her shoulder. She groaned and tiredly sat up. "How are you feeling, cyar'ika?" He let the nickname slip and felt his eyes go wide, she had a vague idea of what it meant and her stomach began to feel funny, she only sat up on her knees.

"Ready to kick someone's ass," she responded and let him help her stand up straight and let her go once she was stable enough. He turned his head to face her and nodded stiffly.

"Let's go kick some ass then, Hebe."