Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 44

"Sorry, I didn't have time to explain," Mando apologised to the two

"Sorry, I didn't have time to explain," Mando apologised to the two. Hebe sat in a daze on the back of the speeder bike in front of a large slab of meat from the krayt dragon. Mando carefully wrapped it in cloth while Vanth sauntered towards them. He handed Hebe the stack of Mandalorian armour, she took it with a tired smile.

"No need. This was well-earned."

"It was my pleasure," Mando said as the two shook hands.

"Oh and, if you wouldn't mind Vanth, could you ask your people to keep what they saw quiet? It would certainly be inconvenient if I had another bounty hunter hear about it," Hebe asked quietly as she too shook the man's hand. The man offered her a soft smile.

"O' course, princess," he nodded. "I hope our paths cross again."

"As do I," Mando spoke, just as Cobb turned to walk away, he froze.

"Oh, and you tell your people I wasn't the one that broke that," then he was off with a cheeky smile. Hebe made quick work on tying the armour to the side of the bike in silence as Mando watched the lanky man disappear out of view. Hebe took to placing the child in her lap as Mando clambered on the bike in front of her and zoomed off, leaving the townspeople behind in the dust. There was a tense silence the whole 30 minutes they had been riding. Din could tell that Hebe was upset. As they were approaching a narrow path between two hills of rocks, Hebe suddenly tensed, the feeling that something was wrong overwhelmed her head.

"Din brake!" However he hadn't heard her shout fast enough to slow down, a rope snapped up between the rocks and close lined them. Hebe snatched up the child as she flailed into the air and landed on her back. The wind left her lungs and caused her to wheeze out a cough. Mando managed to activate his jet and land on his feet and narrowly escaped the hit of their flipped bike. Two heavily clothed men came out from behind the rock and shot at Din, who yelled in pain as one ricocheted off of his chest plate. One of them yelled:

"Get the child!" Dodging a hit from another taller man that slinked from behind the rocks, Mando shot a short figure who approached Hebe and the kid with a blaster. Hebe struggled to get up, watching helplessly as Din fought off two attackers. When he turned, Din froze upon seeing the short figure holding a large knife, awkwardly big for his hand, pointed at Hebe's throat. She tilted her chin up to try and escape the blade, her aching limbs were useless in any kind of struggle.

"Wait! Don't hurt her," Din said gruffly, holding his hands up in a placating gesture. "If you put one mark on him or her, there's no place you will be able to hide from me. We can strike a bargain-"

"Or I could do this," Hebe interrupted him, whilst the Jawa had been looking at Mando, Hebe had snuck a dagger out of her boot. She grabbed the jawas smaller arm with a bone-shattering grip and stabbed him in the chest. The Jawa's feet stuttered, then fell to the floor unmoving. Hebe shot the man a fed-up look as she stood up with a wince, leaving the child standing at her feet. She leaned down and swiped the knife off of the floor then shoved it back in her combat boot. The child snorted at the woman, she shrugged. The child then waddled over to Din, where he swept him up in his arms.