Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

SEASON 1

SEASON 1

Back straight, head held high, the Mandalorian in damaged, scratched beskar strolled into a bar full of bustling bounty hunters much like himself. He stopped in front of an older man who looked pleased to see that he had come back from his most recent job. "Ah, that was fast. Did you catch them all?" The Mandalorian responded by placing three holographic pucks on the table in front of him. The old man nodded.

"Looks like I'll begin the offload," he glanced around Mando and dismissed one of the people standing nearby to collect the bounties from the ship in a foreign language. As Mando shuffled to sit down silently, his employer dug out a few credits. "These are imperial credits," Mando observed.

"They still spend."

"I don't know if you've heard but the empire is gone."

"It's all I've got," the man replied quickly and sat back. Just as quick, the Mandalorian began to
slide the three pieces he'd put down back towards him and the employer immediately grabbed his hand.

"Save the theatrics. Fine I'll..." He dug his hands back into his pockets to search for another type of currency. "I can do Calamari Flan. But I can only pay half." Tilting his head, the Mandalorian quickly said 'fine' and grabbed them off of the table.

"Hm. I have a bail jumper. A bail jumper and another bail jumper. A wanted smuggler," the guy began stacking up pucks for him to take.

"I'll take 'em all," his voice rasped from behind its modulator.

"Now hold on. There are other members of the Guild and this is all I have, " he protectively placed his hands over the five pucks.

"Why so slow?"

"It's not slow at all very busy. They just don't wanna pay Guild rates, They don't mind if things get sloppy," he chuckled.

"What's your highest bounty?" Mando asked after a moment.

"It's not much. 5,000?" He pursed his lips.

"That won't even cover fuel these days."

"There is one, no two jobs, I know that one's a girl that happens to be extremely dangerous according to reports" he leaned forward and almost sounded a little secretive to the Mandalorian. This intrigued him only slightly, still sitting unmovingly in his cushioned seat.

"Then let's see the puck."

"No puck." Again, Mando felt slightly puzzled at this revelation. No puck? "Face to face. Direct commission. Deep pocket."

"Underworld?" Mando questioned, this sounded all a bit too iffy to him but jobs a job, and it's not exactly like he's got much to lose by this. He just needs money. "All I know is no chain code." He pulled out a chit out of his pocket once again. "Do you want the chit or not?" Hesitantly the figure plucked it from his hands, got up and strutted out of the bar with obvious purpose.