Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 22

"Razor Crest? I can't believe that thing can fly

"Razor Crest? I can't believe that thing can fly." Hebe wanted to agree with him but couldn't exactly reveal herself. "It looks like a Canto Bight slot machine. Alright. The good lookin' fellow there with the horns, that's Burg," they looked over to a guy with blazing red skin that was at least 7 and a half feet tall, a bald head that was mostly taken up by two aged horns sticking out the top of his head. Hebe wanted to disagree but again, couldn't say anything. He dropped the box he was carrying to look Mando over, then the small in comparison woman beside him. "This may surprise you but he's our muscle."

His steps thundered as he approached Mando, looking him over with deep creepy breaths, his face got even closer to Hebe's as he faced her, her eyes looked bored, he huffed his horrid breath in her face and she fought not to gag as he circled them. "So this is a Mandalorian. I thought they'd be bigger," his voice reverberated in their ears as he came up of Mayfeld's side, if Hebe thought Din's voice was low she was in for a surprise it seemed. They chuckled at his remark. "Droids name is Zero," Mayfeld pointed to a bug-eyed silver droid that was holding a blaster, Mando's unease was apparent to Hebe who nudged him slightly. The droid looked them both up and down.

"I thought you said you had four," Mando voiced her thoughts. She had a bad feeling about the next one. "He does," a raspy female voice sounded from behind them, Hebe wasn't surprised since she sensed her approach. They turned around to see a female twi'lek with beautiful lilac skin approaching. "Hello, Mando." She then noticed the switchblade that she was playing with in her left hand.

"Xi'an," Mando replied, recognition in his voice, Hebe got the impression that there was rough history between the two just from looking at the look on her face. "Tell me why I shouldn't cut you down where you stand?" Hebe rolled her eyes and turned back around to face the ship. Because you'd lose. The woman in a not so quick movement brought the blade up to Mando's neck, apparently trying to look intimidating. "Nice to see you, too." Xi'an let out an annoyingly high pitched noise between a shriek and a giggle, Burg also laughed. Xi'an was now grinning evilly. "I missed you," at that moment Mayfeld and Hebe's eyes met somehow in confusion, she shrugged at him, eyeing the close proximity between the two with a hotness in her chest that she didn't like.

"This is shiny," the twi'lek tapped her long sharp fingernails on Mando's beskar and clicked her tongue. "You wear it well."

"Do we need to leave the room or something?" Mayfeld broke through the awkward atmosphere, moving to stand beside Hebe, who was looking a little lost. "Well, Xi'an's been a little heartbroken since Mando left our group," then Hebe's eyebrows shot up in understanding.

"Aw. You gonna be okay, sweetheart?" Mayfeld teased.

"Oh, I'm all business now. Learned from the past," she pointed to Mando's helmet childishly but then her eyes lit up when her gaze landed on the other girl in the room, as if only just realising she was there. "Oh! You didn't tell me there was going to be another girl here!" She shrieked and swiftly approached her as if excited, looking her over. "All right love birds. Break it up now until you get on the ship. Right now we don't have much time," Ran ignored Xi'an's outburst. Xi'an slyly linked an arm in Hebe's and led her off. "Ooh! You're quiet. Kind of mysterious, and kinda hot," she leaned into the shorter girls ear, as if teasing her and turned back to Mando, still smirking and then winked at him as she led the confused girl to a table.

Hebe tried to slip away from Xi'an but she always found her way her, much to her annoyance, she looked to Mando, who was glaring straight at them. She could almost hear his blood boiling, reading into his thoughts, all they were about was him peeling Xi'an's slimy hands off of you. Her head tilting as she felt a familiar emotion radiate off of him. He looked away but kept close to the both of you. Once they finished over the plans it was discovered that their friend wasn't taken, he was on a New Republic ship, meaning he was arrested. Mando was unsettled by this but only got worse when he was told that Zero, the droid, was going to fly the ship.

When Xi'an finally detached herself and stalked away, Din immediately gestured Hebe over, tucking her into his side with only Mayfeld taking notice but didn't say anything. Mando wasn't planning to let her go after that, not wanting anything to happen to her, he sure as hell didn't trust their new crewmates, especially not Xi'an. She was obviously trying to get back at him after seeing the new arrival with him. After quickly talking to Ran, he led them both up the ramp and with one final word, he closed the ramp entrance.

Din momentarily left Hebe down in the hangar with the other reluctantly after insisting that he should watch over the droid in the cockpit. Burg was pacing, seemingly not like being in such a small space. "Will you sit down." Xi'an snapped, looking up from where she had been balancing her knife on her fingertip, Hebe distancing herself from all of them snapped her head up when Burg slapped his hands on the ceiling in frustration. Mayfeld huffing a laugh when Xi'an hissed at him. When Burg got bored enough, he pressed a few buttons on a keypad next to him, she got instantly got nervous when the cupboard that contained his weapons opened, she used the small control remote Mando had given her a small while ago to close it just as Din approached from the cockpit. She wagged her finger at him to tell him no.

After he stopped laughing like a caveman he grunted in frustration hitting the doors and facing Mando, who's feet had just hit the floor. Hebe took this distraction and leaned onto the door where the child was, just in case the giant got nosey again. Burg went to touch something else but Mando grabbed his hand and they both started to square each other up. "Hey, hey hey. Okay. Okay, I get it. I'm a little particular about my personal space, too," Mayfeld tried to calm them down, Mando had switched places with Burg, standing protective in front of the weapons cupboard. "So, let's just do this job. We get in, we get out, and you two dont have to see our faces anymore," she didn't know about him but it did sound appealing to Hebe.

"Someone tell me why we even need a Mandalorian and a bug," Burg scoffed at glanced to Hebe, who was still unprovoked. "Well, apparently they're the greatest warriors in the galaxy and..." He trailed off as he looked to the girl who had remained silent, she waved him off telling him it was okay. "Then why are they all dead?" Hebe's head snapped up at that comment and if looks could kill, Burg would be dead a thousand times over. Everyone but her and Din laughed. Both of them fed up, Din moved to lean on the wall next to her, the air had become tense.

"Well, you flew with him Xi'an. Is he as good as they say?" She was still concentrated on the balanced knife on her finger. "Ask him about the job on Alzoc III."

"I did what I had to," Mando's voice had become assertive.

"Oh, but you liked it," Mando turned his helmet to look at her. "See, I know who you really are," she sent a suggestive look at the girl beside him.

"He never takes the helmet off?" Mayfeld voice popped up.

"This is the way," Xi'an mocked, Hebe was finding it incredibly difficult to keep her mouth and keep a calm posture. "Huh. I wonder what you look like under there. Maybe he's a Gungan," even through Mayfeld's joking tone the atmosphere felt suffocating. "Is that why yousa dont want to show your face?" He mocked in a Gungan accent, Burg and Xi'an snickered. "You ever seen his face?" Hebe knew the answer to that one, Din was thinking it, almost like he wanted her to hear it, maybe that's why it was so loud. She knew how seriously he took religion, if she did see his face he wouldn't be allowed to wear a helmet. Xi'an gasped softly.

"A lady never tells," winning at Hebe.

"Aw. Come on, Mando. We all gotta trust each other here. You gotta show us somethin'," Mayfeld shrugged, Hebe hadn't thought him to be ignorant but she wasn't always right. "Come on, just lift the helmet up. Come on," feeling her heart leap to her throat in anticipation as Burg stood up with a disgusting smug expression. "Let's all see your eyes." The minute Burg stepped forward, Hebe stepped in front of Mando, who was ready to fight and intensified her presence with the force, she knew how intimidating it could be for some people, especially ones ignorant to the force. Burg's confident stance faltered, the other two shifted uncomfortably.

Unfortunately, he ignored it, Mando pushed her out of the way as the giant lunged for Mando's helmet, he caught his arm and pushed him into the wall, setting off a control pad and the worst of the worst happened.