Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12

"Excuse me? Excuse me, sir, ma'am," two younger men approached nervously from behind Mando, who was trying to fix some wires with Hebe pointing out little things he missed, though she wasn't that much of a mechanic herself

"Excuse me? Excuse me, sir, ma'am," two younger men approached nervously from behind Mando, who was trying to fix some wires with Hebe pointing out little things he missed, though she wasn't that much of a mechanic herself. "There something I can help you with?" he replied coldly.

"Uh, yeah. Raiders," they walked closer, "We have money."

"So, you think I'm some kinda mercenary?"

"You are a Mandalorian, right? Or at least wearing Mandalorian armour. That is Mandalorian armour, right?"

"It is," he replied simply and strolled around the edge of his ship, Hebe watched in amusement as they followed him around like baby ducklings. "See? I told him. For, I've read a lot about your people... Tribe. If half of what I've read is true-"

"We have money," the other one cut in.

"How much?"

"Everything we have, sir. Our whole harvest was stolen."

"Krill. We're Krill farmers."

"We brew Spochka. Our whole village chipped in," Mando finally turned around and laid his eyes on the small bag of money.

"It's not enough," he dismissed him, Hebe sent him a suggestive glare but he just turned away and started walking away. "Are you sure? You don't even know what the job is?"

"I know it's not enough. Good luck," he ducked his head to look at more parts of the ship. Hebe followed after them this time.

"This is everything we have. We'll give you more after the next harvest," the boy practically begged, Hebe was starting to feel a little bad about Mando's behaviour. The boys jumped, startled and backed out of the way of the hissing ramp. Ignoring the boys and the girl quickly jogged up the ramp and tugged on the Mandalorian's arm. "Hold on, you can't just leave them like that."

"Watch me," her grip on his forearm prevented him from moving, forcing him to look at her. "Now imagine their situation. What if Kuiil hadn't have helped you back on that planet, huh? You'd still be stuck there, wouldn't you? With a stripped ship also," she stared at his helmet until he got the hint, sighing he stepped forwards. "Where do you live?"

"On a farm. Weren't you listening? We're farmers," They turned.

"In the middle of nowhere?"

"Yes."

"Do you have lodging?"

"Yeah. Absolutely," they fully turned, now a little more hopeful.

"Good. Come up and help." And so the boys did, they stacked up some supplies into the white cart they had travelled on. Mando said that he needed to go get something, that something turned out to be Cara the woman that kicked his helmet in. Cara and Mando had their legs relaxed in front of them, Hebe was curled up in the corner, the child reaching up his arms for her to take him, she set him on her lap, the other two watched fondly as the kid played with her curly hair.

"So we're running off a band of Raiders for lunch money?" Cara asked sarcastically.

"They're quartering us in the middle of nowhere. Last I checked, that's a pretty square deal for somebody in your position. Worst case scenario, you tune up your blaster. Best case, we're a deterrent," Mando talked to her fondly, Hebe watched the two with a soft expression. "I can't imagine there's anything living in these trees that an ex-shock trooper can't handle," Cara smirked and both women watched as Mando leaned back with each of his arms resting leisurely at either side of him.

The child mimicked him in Hebe's lap. "So what's your deal?" The woman asked her casually. "I know that he's a Mandalorian bounty hunter, but I haven't heard anything about you," Cara said as she crossed her arms curiously. "Well my situations quite complicated but the best way I'd describe it is a fugitive," she replied unsurely. Mando watched her struggle to put her words together. "Who are you hiding from?"

"There are too many people looking for me to pinpoint an exact name," but Cara only raised her eyebrow, unimpressed with the answer. She glanced to Mando, "The same people as you," she shrugged and Cara's eyes widened slightly. Though Mando wasn't really surprised with her answer, he was a little startled that she actually admitted it. Soon enough, everyone but Mando and Hebe we're asleep. Hebe tried to wait until he fell to sleep, listening to his thoughts but they didn't seem to slow down.

"If you're not going to eat then at least go to sleep," he spoke lowly, trying not to wake anyone. "I'm fine," she dismissed.

"I know you aren't. You keep saying that but you're letting yourself malnourish," he pulled an apple out of the bag at his side, he leaned over intimidating close to her face and pushed it into her hand. "Please," he said, she could hear the seriousness behind his deep voice. She sighed through her nose and gently lay back into the bags behind her, the man joined her, resting his arm behind her. Watching her carefully as she slowly ate the apple to the core and throw it into the woods for the animals to eat. She turned to him and stared back for a few seconds.

"Mando?" She asked gently, he hummed softly in response.

"Am I allowed to know your name?" She glanced away for a second before turning on her side to face him. He only responded with stillness, she took that as his rejection and turned on her back, closing her eyes. After around fifteen minutes of listening to the trees sway she heard slight ruffling but didn't open her eyes.

"Din," a low voice reverberated in her left ear, closer than before. She looked out of one eye to her side, Mando, or Din was shuffled closer and was touching the child's ears somewhat nervously, unsure of whether she had heard him. The smiled gently after a second. "Well, Din, if I need sleep so do you," her voice was drowsy, the way his name rolled off of her tongue sent a cold feeling down his spine. He liked it to some degree and thought of himself a weirdo for it. She took the child and slowly moved it to sit I'm between them. That was the best sleep they had had in a long time