Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9

"If you truly care about them then you'd put them on the speeder," he raised his voice

"If you truly care about them then you'd put them on the speeder," he raised his voice. This guy... "And we'll discuss terms." Mando and Hebe glanced to their right side to look at the cart. "How do I know I can trust you?" Mando asked.

"Because I'm your only hope." Hebe, for what felt like the seventh time that night, scoffed. "Not while I'm around, you lumbering sloth." She wasn't that surprised when Mando slowly turned them, having an iron grip on her, and approached the cart. He took a long look at the sleeping child in his arms and then to Hebe. She was staring at the cart. Shockingly fast, Mando whisked out his blaster and shot a guy in the chest and she ducked, hopping over the cart out of the gunfire before standing up behind the cover and shooting back. "Drive!" he yelled as adrenaline took over, he'd jumped into the cart, lying low in the back. When the droid shook its head he pulled his blaster out at it. As the cart started moving, he grabbed the girl who was taking out as many bounty hunters as she could see. Pulling her onto the cart by her waist and hiding her under his arm. He shot back through the gaps in the cart, she soon joined him. "Well at least this came in handy," she tapped on his new and shiny pauldron that was slightly steaming from being hit.

However, luck wasn't really on their side, Karga, no doubt had shot the droid just in the right spot and their escape fell to the floor. As they rolled onto the floor Hebe grabbed the child as Mando took his pulveriser off of his back and started shooting, she ripped at some of the cloth nearby and used it as something to carry the child, trying it around her back, she pulled the child into the cloth so that she could use both hands. "That's one impressive weapon!"

"Here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna walk to my ship, with the kid, with the girl and you're going to let it happen." He stated firmly. Karga made a throaty noise and started to respond.

"How about this; we take them both, and if you try to stop us we kill you and strip your body for parts." Hebe's temper was starting to flare, she'd never felt so trapped before, she knew two people were coming from the back so she faced her back to Mando's and held her palms out. "As I said before, my dear friend," she closed her fists and flung her arms back as far as she could. "Not while I'm around!" Throwing both people forward and out in the open, and towards the rest of the bounty hunters. They were sent at an impressive height, she could hear their screams as they hit the solid ground with a crackling sound. Mando joined her and started fighting back with his taser. "Flamethrower. Now," she instructed Mando and he happily obliged. They both sent flames into the crowd of people, Hebe joining her flame to his it only grew bigger, they could both hear the screeching of the beings getting caught up in the fire.

His flame flickered out and Hebe pulled him down. He began to space out as all the shots from around them escaped his mind, only replaced with a faint buzz. He was doubtful of their survival after this, they were pinned. The only sound he could hear was the small gurgling of the child waking up in Hebe's sling. He reached out to touch it but the girl next to him grabbed his helmet and pulled it in the direction of new gunfire. She breathed out in relief as armoured figures on jet packs made themselves the centre of attention. More Mandalorian's, she recognised a few of them too, some of her mother's old friends, she grinned at them, making Mando slightly confused but thankful that they might make it out.

They landed and started blasting at different people trying to escape with their lives, they were scared no doubt, Hebe could practically feel the fear vibrating off of them. A tall and buff Mandalorian landed beside them with a huge gun. "Get out of here!" He rasped. "We'll hold them off." He glanced over but quickly looked back in disbelief as he recognised the girl beside Mando.

"Hebe? That you?" She waved at him.

"Yeah, hi how you doing?" she said sarcastically and gestured back and the gunfire, he nodded and shot some more people. "You're going to have to relocate the covert," Mando raised his voice and kept shooting, Hebe sent out a few more shots at the beings nearby that we're hiding. "This is the way!" He yelled back.

"This is the way," he nodded back. Hebe's pulse started to slow as the adrenaline was starting to wear off and was replaced with tiredness, she pushed it back and quickly nodded to the group of Mandalorians nearby. "You're saints!" Mando and she made a beeline for his ship that was surprisingly not that far away. They both ran up the ramp, last-minute as she realised that they were followed, a blaster shot grazed her knee cap and she sucked in a sharp breath and Mando dragged her out of the way. "Hold it Mando," Greef Karga barked. They both froze in place. "I didn't want it to come to this. But then you broke the code, guess you got attached to your little girlfriend here." He spat. After a moment, Mando set off a nearby button that let out smoke into the lower deck and it filled the space. Karga shot around desperately but Hebe's senses were still sharp as she took a shot in the middle of his chest. Mando gazed down at her somewhat proudly, he knew he made the right choice as he sprinted into the cockpit and took off, closing the ramp door, the worn-out girl crumpled to the floor, using her force senses and pyrokinesis had drained her energy along with the colour out of her face as if she wasn't pale enough to begin with. She steadily limped around to look for a first aid kit, when she couldn't find it she weakly called up to Mando.

"Do you have a medkit-" she couldn't properly finish off her sentence as her legs gave in and she sat against the wall, taking a glance at the child and taking him out. Gently placing it down of the grated floor next to them and spreading out his thick blanket. "We're safe now," she lulled to it. She felt safe even on the cold flooring of a ship, but she knew it was Mando's so it calmed her down. This is what that feeling was before, he does hold a bigger significance.