Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 50

Yᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ʀᴇᴀʟɪsᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴏᴛʜ Hᴇʙᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Dɪɴ ᴀʀᴇ sᴏᴍᴇ 30 ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴏʟᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪɴᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴇɴᴄᴇᴅ ᴠɪʀɢɪɴs? Cᴀᴜsᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ.

"How do you know who I am?"

"I was a close friend of your mother's. Do remember having fishtail braids in your hair when you were a young girl?"

"Yes?" Hebe replied in puzzlement. Din gave both women a long hard stare, itching to leave, but Din knew that he shouldn't interrupt.

"It was me who did it every time I visited," Tashia hummed. Hebe had so many questions that her face started going red from trying to follow a smooth trail of thoughts. Tashia laughed but it sounded empty. "I know you must have a lot of questions."

"How did you know her?"

"Our coverts traded often through Nevarro and Saknith," she replied patiently. Saknith? Haven't heard the name of my home planet in a long while, Hebe thought.

"Are we going for 21 questions here or do you have somewhere to be?" Hebe asked nervously, eager to know more but also conscious of the other Mandalorians watching and listening. Tashia immediately clocked onto this and nodded.

"You should get going. Your buddy there looks about ready to bust his jetpack," she said calmly though her tone made Hebe hesitate. "Don't worry, ad'ika. We will meet again."

"C'mon," Din waved her over. When she was within arms reach, Din wrapped his arm around her waist with one arm, the child in the other and took off into the air. Hebe didn't particularly enjoy the feeling of her stomach dropping with the jolting movement, yet the weightless feeling that came with it was exhilarating. It wasn't long before they landed back on the docks. "Who was that?" Mando asked with a tilt of his head.

"That," Hebe sighed. "Is a person I thought I'd never see again. That's Tashia Fett or rather, Dark Shadow, a relative of the Boba Fett, and a long-time friend of my mother's. Though I can't say I'm that happy to see her," Hebe grumbled.

"No?" Din inquired as he sat them all down on some crates. Hebe groaned lightly and messed with her earrings.

"It seems that she wasn't very set on searching for her close friends missing and very-in-danger daughter. Clearly, I didn't mean that much to her," she scowled. Din hesitated, unsure of what to say.

"Maybe she just never found you," he said and leaned his elbows on his knees. The child paced between them, cooing and giggling as he poked and grabbed at their trouser legs.

"Well, it doesn't matter now. At the end of the day I was the one who saved my own skin," she sighed.

"Do you want to see if we can find her?" Din asked, surprising Hebe. She hadn't been anticipating that response, it sounded patient, kind and trusting. His tone made her heart thrum. Hebe mulled it over, but in the end, she shook her head.