Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25

"You deserve this!" Xi'an shouted as she disappeared around the corner

"You deserve this!" Xi'an shouted as she disappeared around the corner. Not too long later Hebe heard light footsteps coming closer. "Mando. Droid," she nodded to the door as the droids steps became heavier the closer it got. He got right to it, he stuck his hand out of one of the slim windows and shot out a wire, pulling it by its neck into the door. He struggled to keep it still and the girl narrowly dodged a blaster shot. With one last strenuous yank, he pulled the hand straight off of the droid it spilt with black oil before Mando shot it square on the head. "Thanks for the help," he commented sarcastically.

"You seemed to have it handled." She smirked back. She picked up the droid arm and used it to drill into the lock and it opened with minimal effort, it clicked open. The two were running by each other's sides straight away and the woman's eyes twitched a few times. "You remember the way right?" She asked. He nodded while looking over to her. "Good because I don't." Mando led them both into the circular room that held Davan's soulless shell. She reached for her blaster but silently cursed in her head when she felt that her holster was vacant and sighed. "They took my blaster."

Din pressed some the buttons behind her as she kept an eye on the door, somewhere in the ship she could sense panic. She knew where they were now. The lights shut down with a humming sound and the two could here distinct yelling that was almost impossible to hear. She turned and watched the live security feed beside the Mandalorian as the group of four frantically whipped around in circles. Soon enough, they were split up from each other. Qin and Mayfeld on one side, Burg and Xi'an on the other. Then Hebe shook her head, disconcerted. She wondered if the child was safe, but she was sure since he was like her and older than her that he could handle himself. Even if he looked to be only a toddler.

"I'll deal with Burg and Mayfeld," Hebe breathed, deep down she was simmering with pent up anger. First off, Burg had thrown her partner into a wall like a pesky mosquito and she wouldn't have it. Second, Mayfeld just got on her nerves, just like a mosquito, actually. Mando inhaled sharply and his head snapped up to meet hers while he picked up the tracking beacon that lay beside Davan. "No, we're doing this together. Do not split from me. Stay close," he started at her sternly and paced around the room.

"Let me guess, if we crush them, we crush them together?" She raised her eyebrow while the red lights flashing reflected on the beskar on his armour, the colour alone reeking of danger and malice. But she knew she was absolutely safe by his side, Hebe had nothing to worry about and she knew it. He didn't respond but she could sense his itching irked attitude. He was just as irate as she. "Burg's coming this way."

Almost as soon as they were done hiding, the man in question strutted through the door. They watched closely as she wandered questioning with his blaster pointed. "Where are you, little mousies?" He mumbled brutishly. Hebe watched as Din did what he had done to the droid earlier on and wrapped his wire around Burg's neck, he barely even struggled. He growled and Hebe yelped as Mando was pulled through the grated ceiling. Hebe caught him an inch before he hit the ground and gently dropped him. She felt a wave of Deja Vu before she shook it off. She hopped down and avoided Mando's whistling birds.

"Hey, big guy!" She shouted as Mando was getting battered, she strained her mind as to avoid Din hitting the control panel he was thrown at. The woman squeezed her fists together in a mixture of concentration and stress but felt relieved when Burg's eyes rolled into the back of his head and flopped to the floor. She wasn't sure what she did but it proved successful. It was almost too easy. "How'd you do that?" Din gasped as he scrambled to get up, Hebe shook her head with wide eyes. "I don't know but let's get moving." She stormed out, Mando not far behind her.

Her heart jumped to her throat however when a giant hand wrapped around the back of her neck and yanked backwards, slamming her already bruised torso into the control panel, this time she couldn't catch herself. She gazed sluggish as Mando wrestled with Burg and got his body tossed around like a rag doll. Only as she struggled to get up, she watched as Mando released the heavy door down onto the giant, he squatted and struggled to stop himself being squashed, Din had other plans and was sick of him. With one last push of a button, he shut the horizontal doors and crushed him.

"That's gotta hurt," Hebe murmured apathetically.

"I can imagine," Din replied with an even flatter tone. The duo made their way down a few corridors. "Xi'an," Hebe motioned him to follow. They both saw Xi'an freeze as she was halfway down the corridor. Without turning, she threw a sharp dagger towards them with a shout. It hit Din's blaster and knocked it out of his grip. She threw another but Hebe was prepared for this one and dodged the next few while stalking forwards while Din got hit continuously with the daggers. When one got lodged into his arm Hebe's blood pressure rose dramatically. She gripped ahold of Xi'an with her hand extended, the dagger that was in mid-air froze and shot back towards her.

The twi'lek gasped in terror only to find it pointed an inch away from her neck. "Oh, I wouldn't move if I were you," Hebe teased as the woman struggled against her invisible grip. Hebe checked that Din was okay since he still had a blade lodged in his shoulder, she stopped him when he went to rip it out. "Don't move it, I'll wrap you up later." The two shoved Xi'an in a nearby cell and moved onto the next. Hebe cringed as her companion grunted in pain as he moved his arm. "How quick do you think we can get this over with?" She asked desperately.

"A few minutes," he asked and stared at her as she wrapped her hands around the handle as gushing blood sifted through her fingers. "We'll just have to be quick," Din braced as he ripped out the weapon and dropped it to the floor. "Come on, Mayfeld's not far away," she urged him forwards while watching him out of the corner of her eye. When they came up behind Mayfeld he seemed very jumpy, flinching at every little noise that came to his ears. The white lights were flickering. Hebe held her partner back. "I'll deal with this one-" he didn't even get to respond, she was already gone from his side and he begrudgingly hid behind a ridge in the wall.

He closed his eyes and waited for her to come back but he heard nothing, and then a yell from a deeper voice, a panicked one. When the Mandalorian emerged from his hiding spot, Hebe was locking a cell door. The two went back to jogging away from the scene. "Qin!" Mando called out to the Twi'lek who was near the bottom of the ladder to their only exit. With small movements, he shrugged himself off of the ladder. "You killed the others," he started. 'Nope' both if they thought in unison but didn't say anything.

"They got what they deserved," Mando commented without giving him an exact answer. The woman by his side zoned out the conversation as she glanced up at the ceiling, remembering that the child was still up there with that robot Zero. Worry flashed over her face before she became more present to the situation before her. Din was aiming his blaster at the snarling Qin. "You kill me and you don't get your money," Qin shrugged.

"Let's have our own promise, I'll make sure you get it. Come on, Mando. Be reasonable," he leaned forwards, his hands in a placating gesture and dropped his blaster. "If he tries anything I'll know. Let's just get this over with," Hebe whispered while looking to the Twi'lek with disgust. But it would take more convincing than that to make him consider. "You were hired to do a job, right? So do it," Qin held his hands out in front of him, as if asking to be cuffed. "Isn't that your code?" Mando's blaster was lowered. "Aren't you a man of honour?" As Qin started chuckling to himself Hebe turned quickly to Din with a face full of alertness. "Mando, the kids still up there. Deal with this," she was already sprinting past the Twi'lek and raced up the ladder as she could feel that the kid was now definitely in danger.

She opened Mando's storage space and snatched up a blaster as Zero raised his not so far away. She shot him instantly just as Mando and Qin came up the ladder behind her. Both she and Din let out a breath they forgot they were holding.

He was safe. And that's all that mattered.