Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2

Standing protectively in front of a closed pod was a 5'4 woman with her hands tied behind her back, she didn't have any weapons and was leaning off on one side due to a sprained ankle but the guys that took her didn't dare provoke her

Standing protectively in front of a closed pod was a 5'4 woman with her hands tied behind her back, she didn't have any weapons and was leaning off on one side due to a sprained ankle but the guys that took her didn't dare provoke her. She was commonly known as Hebe Lin, though no one except for her knew that, she kept it on the down-low. Just a little peek inside the pod behind her is what set her off, she was already pissed about getting ambushed on her way out of her ship but that increased to a dangerous rage at the sight of the small, green bug-eyed baby that cooed at her. The first time she saw it her heart skipped a beat, it looked so... Harmless. Why were they keeping it in such a hostile environment? There were men of all species guarding the room to make sure they didn't form some kind of escape plan. Like she could move much anyway...

So there she was with thin black gloves, wearing a long sleeve ripped up thin shirt that was tucked into a flowy grey skirt that ended at her mid-thigh, and under it were some shorts. Covering her legs were knee-high socks and over them were brown leather shin and knee pads, she had them on her elbow and forearms too. To finish it off was some combat boots that ended just over her ankle. Her white hair was stuck to her forehead covered in sweat from fighting off anyone who got near her, her lip was split along with a small knife wound on her bicep. She'd have to deal with that later.

She'd been there like what, three days? With only being fed twice she made sure to save it and give most of it to the kid, who she'd now sworn to protect. It was only around the afternoon when things took an unusual turn. She strained to hear it but from outside she could've sworn she heard something similar to a droids voice, but there weren't any droids on the premises from what she sensed, all living beings. Her lips parted in surprise as she heard rapid blaster shots from outside.

The two guys that were standing guard quickly rushed out and sprinted off into the distance, shortly after the rusted metal doors thumped closed.

"Guess we're stuck in here bud," she muttered and tapped a hand on the closed pod. Opening it now was out of the question, shots can come from anywhere at any time. She'd rather die than have anything harm the kid, she mentally slapped herself for becoming so attached. But she couldn't help but like the way it reached up for her to pick it up or how it cooed at her affectionately, and that was something she hadn't encountered in a long time.

Only after a few minutes of silence did the piercing sound of blasters being shot arise again and shouts and screams hit Hebe's ears, this time from the sound of how much they were shooting did she deduce that there were around twenty-five people outside, then the number slowly decreased. Someone was obviously winning. A door next to her came crashing down and she peeled her eyes closed, she could feel one live person though they were heavily armoured and a nearly impossible to detect the droid by their side. They stood out to her as bounty hunters. She had hidden behind a crate as soon as the door hit the floor.

"I detect two life forms present," the droid buzzed. Hebe held her breath as she felt a sharp pain in her ankle, there was a small beeping that got louder as they approached the pod, no doubt a tracking fob. Her grip on the wall behind her made her knuckles turn white when the guy clicked the pod button and opened it, the droid by his side. "Wait, they said fifty years old?" The guy's voice rasped from behind a helmet. What would someone be wearing a helmet in this heat for? Figuring that they were going to find her anyway, she slipped on a mask that covered her nose and mouth she'd had in a pocket in her skirt.

"Different species age differently," Hebe said lowly as she peeked my head out passed the wall, their blasters were immediately on her and she ducked back. "This is the second bounty." The droid said to the guy she knows now as a Mandalorian, his tracking fob quickened its beeping. His helmet was silver and she caught a glimpse of his shabby armour that was pretty worn out. The droid slowly turned back towards the child.

"Perhaps it could live many centuries. Sadly, we'll never know." Just as it went to lift its arm the Mandalorian stopped him and eyed the girl. Hebe had jumped out in a panic and leaned on the wall with wide eyes.

"We'll bring 'em in alive."

"The commission was quite specific. The assets were to be terminated," the droid lifted its blasters to both her and the kid. She sighed irritably and both their heads snapped towards her. "Tied up or not, you shoot that kid, I'll snap your back in half like a glowstick," her eyes were daringly narrowed and she pulled her arms under her legs to have her hands in front of her threateningly as she assessed the two. From what she knew about Mandalorians were that they exeedingly generous to their own but cautious to other people for obvious and fair reasons, this guy didn't have the best armour so she concluded that he was probably giving his earning to someone else, but who? His employer? There wasn't much to uncover about the other one, mindless bounty droids, boring because there was nothing to figure out.

As the silence grew, her hands shot up as a blaster was shot, only to watch the bounty droid crumple to the floor in a heap, the flash if the red had temporarily knocked Hebe into a daze that she shortly recovered from, she slid down the wall, the Mandalorian gave her a long stare before returning it to the child and tilting his head. His hand rose up and a small green hand emerged to touch it, the scene she watched was strangely domestic, she figured that this must not have happened often. Something for that man behind the armour had just changed as he glanced at them both.

But soon remembered that he was here for a bounty, to bring her and the small creature to their deaths, she knew exactly what they were wanted for, they were a hard type for people to find, rare these days even. Hebe wished that if he was to go through with it, she and the child would have a quick death. She hadn't even had time to see Mando pull his blaster on the droid and shoot it until it was too late. She would have a hard time escaping with just herself let alone the child.