Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 38

SEASON 2

SEASON 2

They stuck to the shadows. Mando watched Hebe limp slightly out of the corner of his eye. The child's pod was open between them, the green baby leaning forwards to peer out curiously into the shadows. The Mandalorian's armour clinked with every step, cape fluttering behind him. Hebe's pure white hair was swept back into a ponytail, her bandages were visible under her low waisted baggy harem pants and corseted crop top. Black leather vambraces on each arm, a full-body harness and a blaster holstered at her hip. She exuded intimidation alongside the silent Mandalorian. They walked under lamppost after lamppost.

The beady red eyes of creatures melting into the shadows around them caused Hebe to glance over. With a tight-lipped smirk, her eyes flashed red, the creatures scampered away and she turned her head back forward. The pair walked past heavily graffitied walls postered with anti-imperial slogans. Mando stopped at a door that was guarded by a stern-faced Twi'lek. Hebe stayed behind him, a hand brushing the child's forehead in reassurance.

"I'm here to see Gor Koresh." The Twi'lek's eyes moved from Mando to Hebe, to the child, who quacked when given attention. The Twi'lek moved to the side to make room for them to enter.

"Enjoy the fight," his voice was startlingly low. Mando let them into the building, Hebe staying behind the pod. They entered a round room that was filled with people cheering and booing at the raised platform in the middle of the room. Two opponents were circling each other with axes. Hebe's nose wrinkled with distaste as she watched onlookers wave money openly in the air. Easy way to get robbed, she noted thoughtfully. Hebe walked down the steps behind her Mandalorian, keeping a fastidious eye on anyone dodgy-looking in the crowd that she might have to look out for.

A large wave of cheers erupted in the room as one of the contestants hit the floor with a loud thud. Hebe felt a little unnerved but Mando seemed perfectly nonchalant. Her eyes laid on a green man sitting in the front row, one eye trained on the ongoing fight, Mando took a seat. She did too, a little more apprehensively and eyed the child in the pod. Hebe felt as though if she so much as turned away from him he was going to be snatched up. She calmed herself by closing her eyes and reaching out with the force. There was definitely ill will lingering in the air, but no one's thoughts were on her or the little green figure. A little more sure this time around, she shifted in her chair to watch the two men.

"You know this is no place for a child," the one-eyed man spoke up.

"Wherever I go, he goes," Mando replied simply, his hands that rested in his lap inched towards the outside of his thighs, where he brushed his gloved knuckles against her leg.

"So I've heard," the man chuckled dryly.

"I've been quested to bring him to his kind. If I can locate other Mandalorians, they can help guide me. I'm told you know where to find them," Mando said, referring to the gurgling child beside him.