Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7

Once Mando, Hebe and Kuiil had piled up a tall mountain of the parts of Mando's ship they rode back mostly in silence, Mando, Hebe and the pod were taking up the smallest bit of space possible, Hebe with her legs tucked into her chest, her shoulde...

Once Mando, Hebe and Kuiil had piled up a tall mountain of the parts of Mando's ship they rode back mostly in silence, Mando, Hebe and the pod were taking up the smallest bit of space possible, Hebe with her legs tucked into her chest, her shoulder brushing against Mando's knee every so often. Her eyes were closed and resting, her white hair falling gently in whisps around to frame her face. "Is it still sleeping?" Kuiil asked from upfront. He glanced to the girl next to Mando who also seemed to be asleep after the exhaustion, she hadn't talked or even mentioned the incident from before.

"Were they injured?"

"I don't think so. Not physically," Mando replied, gazing at Hebe through his visor, her chest rose in a steadily slow rhythm, her chin rested on the top of her hands, the wind blew the hair out of her face. "Explain it to me again. I still don't understand what happened..." Kuiil was deeply in thought, none of what the Mandalorian had made any sense what so ever, though most would think that the man had hit his head a little too hard, Kuiil listened to him.

"Neither do I."

Both bounties were still asleep well into the night, where they had arrived back at Kuiil's property. They didn't waste time working on the ship's parts, what should've taken a few days pulled back into a full night, they didn't take any breaks. With speed and efficiency, the ship became what it once was before the Jawas had ram sacked it. The sun had just stretched over the plains of desert, leaving a humming heat and orange light leaking over its landscape.

When Hebe had woken up it was the exact same time as the child in front of her, she immediately felt the drop-in temperature and goosebumps erupted onto her legs as she clenched her teeth, looking down she realised that her hands were once again tied in front of her in a ruddy rope. Sighing as she realised she was back on Mando's fully repaired ship. How long did she rest for? Surely they couldn't have done that in more than a few days. She was in the cockpit in the co-pilot seat, Hebe saw Mando in front of her, engrossed in the controls and decided not to speak. Hebe shifted uncomfortably in her seat as the kid pulled himself upright.

She eyed Mando in his seat for five minutes before the child made a few gurgling noises and peered over the edge of his pod, reaching for her. Since the Mandalorian didn't bother looking at them, she picked him up and he smiled eagerly, he immediately started playing with her hair and innocently stroked different parts of her face, taking in her appearance piece by piece. Her head snapped up after hearing a quiet distant voice.

"Mando. I received your transmission, wonderful news. Upon your return bring the quarry directly to the client. I have no idea if he wants to eat them or hang 'em on his wall, but he's very angsty. Safe passage, you know where to find me," the figure of the man cut off shortly. Mando turned around and finally noticed the child suckling on a metal ball from a handle. "That's not a toy," he grabbed it out of its tiny hands and placed it down. He grabbed the child by its collar and placed it back into the pod.

"Do you know who the client is?" Hebe asked weakly.

"Even if I knew I couldn't tell you," he responded.

"What planet are you taking me to?" she went straight to the point.

"Nevarro," Hebe only quietly groaned and didn't initiate conversation any further. Well, that was until Mando decided to ask a question.

"Why are you considered so deadly?" Mando didn't even ease her into the question, he just threw it out there. Hebe still knew that she couldn't tell him, she wouldn't.

"What makes you think I'll tell you??" she squinted at him. He quickly glanced back at her before staring straight ahead again. "I-" he cut himself off. "Nothing." He shook his head and the rest of the way onto the planet was silent with both parties minds going haywire. Thinking about all the possibilities that the child had to survive and why Hebe was oh so dangerous. Hebe, on the other hand, was ready to accept her fate, she'd fought for long enough for no one but herself, it made her feel better that the money gained would do something useful instead of fill a drunk slobs pocket. She was just so tired. When it came to it she'd protect the child with all she has but the positive outcomes where tremendously unlikely.

With one hand firmly on Hebe's upper arm and the pod trailing behind them, the Mandalorian soon stood in front of a rough-looking door and banged on it. After holding up an access card, they were met by two stormtroopers just a little taller than Hebe. They looked the pair up and down before leading them to the main room inside. Their worn out and dirty armour made them look all the more ominous. Though they didn't scare Hebe one bit. A man behind a wooden desk suddenly stood up muttering yes over and over again as he excitedly approached her and the child in the pod with a tracking fob. The beeping got quicker and quicker, she fixed him in place with a hard stare.

Once the man with curly dark hair and glasses scanned over the child with a red light he moved onto the highly irritable Hebe, who's presence was oozing throughout the room, a silent threat to anyone who could feel it. "Watch it," she hissed when he'd shone it in her eyes. The guy quickly jumped away, she turned to the older supposed 'client'. Mustering him up and down.

"You're shorter than I expected," her voice was mocking and steady. He stared at her for a second before pursing his lips. "They're both very healthy. Yes," the man, who Hebe had recognised as a sort of scientist broke off their staring contest nervously. "Your reputation was not unwarranted," the client looked to the Mandalorian, who'd stood back and watched the ordeal silently.

"How many fobs did you give out?" he rasped, somewhat annoyed.