Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 17

It was only two days after the three set off on Mando's ship when they ran into a difficulty

It was only two days after the three set off on Mando's ship when they ran into a difficulty. Hebe jogged into the cockpit as the ship rattled and manoeuvred around countless blaster shots. "Bounty hunter?" The ship jerked and she grabbed the nearest chair for stability. Din hummed in confirmation. She shook her head as a quiet voice comes in over the comms. "Hand over the girl Mando."

"Ah, so this one is for me." More electricity crackled from above and Hebe covered the child from the sparks. "I might let you live," the voice came in again and she glared menacingly at the receiver, Mando remained quiet although Hebe could tell that slight agitation was brewing. The child whimpered as the ship shook violently. "Din, he's gaining." Hebe winced as the controls started flickering with colour, the ship was damaged. "Hold on," Hebe braced herself and held the chair with a death grip. The ship flipped, Din kept his gaze forward in concentration.

"I can bring you in warm, or I can bring you in cold." Mando's head snapped towards the front, clearly, that had set him off. The whole ship suddenly stopped and the momentum shot Hebe's head into the chair in front while she used her mind to keep both boys from hurting themselves. The hunter's ship came over the top of them, scraping along the ceiling and right into their line of fire. "That's my line." There was screaming over the comms as the ship in front blew up into a fiery orange, Hebe rubbed the small cut on her forehead and flicked the blood away. "Losing fuel." Mando clicked on various buttons before swivelling around. "Is your head okay?"

"Peachy," her eyes rolled into the back of her head before she opened them again, still seeing splotches of black. The child giggled as the ship went dark and aimlessly floated around, Hebe reached back and flipped a switch making a few red light flick on.
After pressing at a few things the lights went back on causing Hebe to pinch the bridge of her nose. After only fifteen minutes Mando had landed them on the nearest planet, Tatooine. "Are you sure we should leave him here?"

"It wouldn't be safe to bring him with us." Hebe's lips pursed.

"He's not safe anywhere," she shook her head and nodded towards the door, the man followed her out of the archway and down the ramp as she wrapped a thin cloth over the lower half of her face. Their droids approached the ship only for Din the blast at them. "Chill Mando!" She slapped his pauldron, he only grunted.

"Hey!" An angry shout pulled them out of their staring contest, "Hey! You damage one of my droids, you'll pay for it," a short human lady hobbled out of the surrounding building and into the sunlight.

"Sorry ma'am, he's not normally this grumpy," she flashed him a tight-lipped smile and turned back to the woman. He rolled his eyes. "Just keep them away from my ship."

"Yeah? You think that's a good idea, do ya? Let's look at your ship." A small ringing in Hebe's head stopped her from following as the woman disappeared around a corner, she casually leaned against the ship until it went away. "How did you even land? Thats gonna set you back."