Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6

He quickly checked around his armour to make sure that he was all set, Hebe just became more and more nervous as she stared deeper into the depths of the echoing cave

He quickly checked around his armour to make sure that he was all set, Hebe just became more and more nervous as she stared deeper into the depths of the echoing cave. She stood back with the child's pod by the side of the entrance. Her fears only became more apparent to the child staring up at her as Mando disappeared from sight. She felt a small hand on her arm that caused her to rip her gaze away and to the child. She quickly smiled to the child and ran her finger across his ear and them stroked her thumb over his forehead. He giggled and played with her fingers for a while. "I'm okay, little one."

Breaking them from out of their silence was a few blaster shots, then an inhumane roar that echoed, making the child flinch, since Hebe could practically smell the upcoming struggle, she waved gingerly to the child and closed the pod. "See you in a bit, kid." only milliseconds later, the Mandalorian's figure was a little blurry to her eyes as he flew out of the cave and thumped into the mud with a cry of pain. Hebe rapidly pushed the pod away as far as she could without flipping it over. A tall, leathery-looking creature with a horn twice the size of Mando's height trod heavily out of the entrance of the cave. Hebe had only just taken it into a realisation that when Mando had hit the floor that the pod had opened back up.

"what the f-" her voice was drowned out by the sound of another bellow, Mando attempted to shoot it but his rifle only clicked when he pulled the trigger. The creature swung at them both, sending pain through their abdomen and them into the air then landing flat in the mud. Hebe grimaced at the feeling of sloppy mud on her cotton clothes and it clotting in her hair. The big lumbering creature caught sight of the pod and charged at it, as the adrenaline pumped through Hebe's mind she quickly stretched out her hand. She needed a distraction, so she used the most flashy thing she had, while Mando was scrambling with his rifle her hands erupted into bright orange flames that contrasted greatly from the boring swampy colours. The flames reached out to it, just grazing the tough skin of it. It loudly hissed out, lashing and whipping itself around.

Hebe's fingers ached dully, "Mando, close the pod!" she yelled, unaware of his wide eyes at what he'd just witnessed. He'd saw how flames had danced around her hands and fingertips, there wasn't any source for it either. 'She has no weapons...'. Snapping back to reality, he used his own flamethrower as it charged at him, this time it seemed ineffective as he got pinned further into the sticky trodden mud by its horn. Hebe stared at him helplessly.

"Do something..." he breathed out as his lungs pressed together.

"What do you want me to do? Wrestle it!?" she yelled at him. She was still on her knees in the mud since she would probably topple over if she stood. A wire zipped out of Mando's wrist and hit the creature, he was being dragged around by it at an impressive speed. He flipped off of it and the irritable creature came charging back at him. Hebe sighed irritably. "Hey!" her voice broke as she yelled. It hurt like hell too. It ignored her and flipped Mando back into the air, this time he wasn't so quick to get up. He was about to give up, she could hear the doubts of survival in his thoughts and she got even more annoyed with him. What a pathetic way for a Mandalorian to die. She gritted her teeth as panic set over her, she genuinely didn't want him to die but wasn't exactly sure why he was her captor after all.

She sensed that he would end up being a bigger part of her future, he didn't have bad intentions so how could that be if he died now? Before she could even move, the thing came to a stop in front of him, snorting and kicking its feet up like it was still trying to run at him, she glanced over to the pod. With its hand outstretched was the kid, eyes gleaming with anticipation, body vibrating with energy.

"Good job," she smirked and helped him out a little, joining him with her hand outstretched, she willed the creature upwards while mentally urging Mando to finish it off. He looked up from it slowly, both his hands still on his knife pointing it at the creature, dazed. His chest plate slung off of him as he swayed uneasily. Mando peaked over his shoulder to only see both of his bounties with their hands outstretched, the kid had his eyes screwed shut and the girl had her eyebrows brushed together in concentration. The large creature had lifted from the ground, kicking and grunting in retaliation. Mando couldn't believe his eyes. It was floating. A much too large creature was dangling in the air by no more than a upernatural force to keep it suspended in the air. The kid from beside Hebe shook lightly and fell backwards while Hebe grunted and outstretched her other hand. Quickly turning back, Mando stabbed it in the eye and fell back with it, he was lying back on the ground with exhaustion.

Hebe tiredly closed the kid's pod back up and crawled over to the Mandalorian and tapped his back, he responded by rolling over and half leaning on her. "Get up. I'm starting to feel gross with this mud in my hair." He quietly chuckled at her and heaved himself up with the creature, Hebe joining him shortly after.

Her face scrunched up in confusion as she leaned on her sprained ankle, or not so sprained ankle. She felt zero pain and for good measure bounced on her heels, she must have accidentally overloaded herself and healed her ankle too. At this point Mando was definite that nothing could take him by surprise anymore, he must've been dizzy when he was thrown onto the floor, he didn't really just see fire erupt from her hands, right? But the other part he was certain of. He'd seen both of his bounties make that thing float in mid-air.

And now, her ankle was miraculously healed and she could walk perfectly fine? He panted while gripping the knife, pushing it in further, twisting it and ripping it out. He unsteadily stumbled over to the child who was peacefully sleeping in the pod, when he turned around Hebe was leaning on the dead creature panting softly and her hands where trembling. His body ached as he walked out with the egg under his arm, shoulders drooping tiredly and was plastered in mud. He internally felt disgusting. It was going to be a pain washing his off of his armour.

The ramp to the intimidating tall fortress was just being pulled up as the two mud-covered, drowsy adults appeared over the slope with the pod in tow. "Mando!" Kuiil waved.

"I have it," he replied, eager to finally be done with all of this. "I got the egg." as they got closer a band of Jawas surrounded them like hungry animals and shouted happily, eventually taking the egg from him. They giddily walked away and both Hebe and Mando watched in puzzlement as the group began to eat at the grotesquely orange coloured goo in the egg. "All that so that they could have a snack?" Hebe grimaced as she flicked her wrists, mud flitting off of her fingers.