Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4

Only after around four hours of sleep, the sun rose and the heat returned

Only after around four hours of sleep, the sun rose and the heat returned. Mando led them back towards the ship, it only took around half an hour of walking. Hebe had noticed that her arm was bandaged up and at the time glared blankly at the Mandalorian but didn't bother to speak up about it. As they arrived over a steep hill, they could both hear the distinct chatter of a jittery language. Jawas? She was right, seeing a tall metal fortress with little creatures in hoods nit picking at a ship that she presumed to be Mando's.

He could be heard cursing under his breath as he pulled out a scope and lowered himself while Hebe looked between him and his ship before shaking her head and smirking. He, on the other hand, didn't seem so amused. Quickly pulling out a pulveriser gun he didn't hesitate to start shooting at them, they went up in a puff of smoke and ash. The child was leaning over his pod, watching as the man beside him killed as many little Jawas as he could see. Hebe stroked the top of his head with the back of her finger, earning a soft hum from the smiling kid.

She sighed deeply as she watched him effortlessly run for the fleeing fortress and threw himself up onto it. She, of course, didn't move from her spot, still struggling to stand in one place with her ankle, sitting down she slid down the slope with a quiet 'wee'. Standing up, she watched as it got further and further away from her vision, she'd just then realised that the pod had been following behind Mando. She cautiously placed her foot on the floor and only felt a dull ache, it'd mostly healed yesterday when the child had healed it without her noticing. "Thanks," she muttered as she jogged after them. The thought of escaping was extremely tempting but she couldn't just leave that kid on his own. She'd feel too much guilt. Her captor probably thought she still had a bad ankle and that's why he didn't hesitate to sprint off.

She watched as he reached the top, only to freeze in the spot. "What is he doing?" Her eyes suddenly widened the slightest bit as she saw a blue light run across his chest, then to his legs and arms. She started to break into a sprint as she watched his figure fall, she knew she couldn't catch him, so she reacted quickly with a reflex. Just as he was about to hit the rocky ground, she flung her hand out with closed eyes. When she opened them and realised that it had worked, he was hovering an inch above the ground. He was most definitely unconscious. Dropping him, she was still a few metres away when the pain in her ankle returned.

She'd been sitting there next do his limp body when she heard his breathing quicken slightly, she could hear his thoughts, they were unhinged and wild. "Oh goodie. You're alive," she said sarcastically as he sat up with a deep grunt. He didn't respond as his tense shoulders sagged in relief subtly when he saw that both of his bounties were still there. "You messed up my ankle," She grumbled. "You know, that was one of the most unpremeditated, reckless things I've ever seen. What did you think was going to happen? They steal things for a living," she and him stood up, he stared at her for a while until he turned away with a scoff.

"You know I'm right," and without another word, they set off again. Her heavy limp didn't go unnoticed by the Mandalorian. Eventually, he silently sighed and broke the silence. "You said you messed up your ankle?" She just nodded and concentrated on not toppling over. Silently arguing with himself, he finally spun around and marched over to her. She stumbled back but he grabbed her left arm and ducked under it, tossing her over his shoulder. She squirmed for a while but Mando had a strong unmoving grip. "Stop squirming." He ordered.

"I can walk, just put me down. I won't run off," she whined quietly as she pinched his arm in between his pauldron and he slapped her hand away. "Why didn't you escape. You had the perfect chance back there?" He asked after a lengthy silence, she'd gone limp on his shoulder, essentially giving up.

"I can't just leave the kid on his own. What kind of person would that make me?" She muttered. "That, and if you found me I wouldn't want to be blasted to ash." He let out an amused huff to tell her he had heard her little comment. He walked with both her and the child for the duration of the short walk back to what was left of his ship. 

Hebe watched as he paced around with the child cooing happily in her lap, slamming things shut and grunting in anger and frustration. She boredly sat against the uncomfortable wall. The place was a complete wreck, wires were hanging from the ceiling and pieces of the wall were missing. He dropped down from the piloting area and sighed, leaning against the wall opposite her. "Are you quite done?" She raised her eyebrows at him and he just gazed at her, she stared back. "Nothings going to happen if you just pace around grunting like a caveman. If you want your stuff back," she leaned forward. "Go do something about it."

Eventually, he listened, muttering 'right' under his breath. Gently taking the child from her lap he put him in the rightful place of his pod and tugged Hebe up and out of the ship.

She limped alongside Mando all-day, hunger pains ran through her stomach and she panted softly as the sun started to go down, she knew asking for their destination was useless, as if she could get more than one word out of him. Soon they spotted a small home in the distance with a small man that turned out to be an Ugnaught on top of a wind turbine, presumably fixing it.