Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 33

She couldn't control the scream that tore through her throat

She couldn't control the scream that tore through her throat. If there was ever such a scream that could put together a mother's rage and guilt. That would be it. And it was horrifying. Her worst nightmare was unfolding before her like a thin sheaf of surgical tools in an interrogation room. Kuiil's cold body enraptured her mind, the child's presence instead of being taken far away from them, was approaching ever closer. In the care of some reckless stupid troopers on speeders.

The child's little squeal of horror made her wince, holding her head tightly. "They have him. Kuiil's dead," she choked. The group's eyes widened. Mando's arms snaked around her as he tried to still her shaking figure. "I'm going to kill him-" she stopped short, Mando pulled her away by her shoulders and tilted his head. She almost slumped to the floor in relief. "The IG units got him." Everyone in the room released a sigh.

"Good. Now, what are we gonna do about this?" Karga cut through the silence.

"Is there another way out?"

"No, that's it."

"What about the sewers?" Mando asked, holding Hebe up with one strong arm as the girl attempted to compose herself.

"Sewers?" Karga couldn't hold back the disgust in his tone.

"The Mandalorians have a covert down in the sewers. If we can get down there, they can help us escape."

"Yeah, sewers are good," Cara agreed quickly.

"Checking for access points," his visor scanned with a low beeping.

"What the hell are they waiting for?" Cara glanced out of the broken-in window. Hebe glanced out herself and did a double-take.

"Oh, my stars... Is that-"

"Yep. They're setting up an E-web," Cara reaffirmed.

"It's over," Karga said.

"Shut up," Hebe snapped.

"I found the sewer vent."

"Let's get the hell out of here." The group rushed towards the vent, staying low and on guard. Karga and Hebe watched the window as Cara and Din wretched a lounge chair away from the wall. After a few seconds of watching the two struggle to get the vent open, Hebe let out a strangled sigh.

"It's assembled! How long until that things cleared?" Karga announced.

Hebe tried and failed to rip the grate off of the walls using the Force. Baffled by the strong support structure it held despite being nothing more than a vent.

And that was when he said something that made Cara freeze. "Your astute panic suggests that you understand your situation. I would prefer to avoid any further violence and encourage a moment of consideration. Members of my escort have completed assembly of an E-web heavy repeating blaster. If you are unfamiliar with this weapon, I am sure that Republican Shock Trooper Carasynthia Dune of Alderaan will advise you that she has witnessed many of her ranks vaporise mid-decent facing the predecessor of this particular model." They glanced at each other cautiously.