Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18

The second Hebe and Mando reentered the premises of the Razor Crest, she halted as she felt an absence within the ship, Mando whipped back around to her and tilted his head

The second Hebe and Mando reentered the premises of the Razor Crest, she halted as she felt an absence within the ship, Mando whipped back around to her and tilted his head. "The kids not on the ship," she glanced around. "How do you know?" He asked confusedly, he still wasn't entirely informed on how her abilities worked. "I just do Mando, I don't know where he is though."

"Hey!" He shouted out in a panic. Peli jolted up at the volume, nearly dropping something won't he way up, they could see her through a dirty window."I'm awake! I'm awake!"

"Where is he?"

"Quiet! Oh. It's okay. You woke it up. Do you have any idea how long it took me to get it to sleep?" She let her hand fall to her side in a strop. "Give him to me," Mando snapped, Hebe herself looked uneasily at the woman and reached out for him. "Not so fast! You can't just leave a child alone like that. You know, you have an awful lot to learn about raisin' a young one," she tutted, earning an annoyed sigh from the girl.

"Our situation is more difficult than you could even fathom. We're trying our best here," she snapped, surprising both Din and Peli, he had never heard her use that tone before and it sounded extremely motherly and somewhat protective. Hebe's stare indicated that she was telling the truth. Peli sighed sympathetically and handed her the child as he reached out for her. "Anyway, I started the repair on the fuel leak. There you go. I had a couple setbacks I want to talk to you about. You know, I didn't use any droids, as requested, so it took me longer than I expected."

"We appreciate that," Hebe leaned against the structure of the ship. "But I figured you were good for the money since you have an extra mouth to feed," Hebe and Din both shared a look and she rubbed her chin, he approached and stared for a few seconds before his voice rasped. "Thank you." Peli gasped quietly.

"Oh, I guess I was right. You got a job, didn't you?" Peli followed close behind them as they exited through the door they had come in, Hebe swiftly turned around and stopped Peli, she gazed at the taller girl for a few seconds. "I'm trusting you with him," she gave his head one last stroke and passed the child to Peli as he giggled, the older woman smiled at her for a short second. "Hey, Mando, what do you think? Not too shabby, huh?" The voice of Toro, the young man they had met earlier leaned against two speeders, smirking.

"I thought we agreed on three?" Hebe questioned as she glanced between the two. "I could only get two. Will that be a problem, princess?" She blinked and raised her eyebrow but otherwise didn't respond to the flirtatious comment. Mando, however, was glowering holes into the side of Toro's head for God knows why Mando tore his glare away and messed with a few parts of the speeder before tilting his head at the boy. "What'd you expect? This ain't Corellia. Ma'am," he finally acknowledged Peli, she only glanced at the child.

When Hebe turned around she found both men staring at her expectantly. "Hop on," toro nodded his head as he mounts his speeder. She narrowed her eyes at him, still not trusting this stranger, from past experience she knew not to trust most people in this business. "She's with me," Mando motioned her over with a commanding voice, it was not optional, she didn't hesitate to kick her leg over and sit close behind Din. He leaned back and wrapped her arms around his torso. "Hold on."