Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11

Hebe jolted awake, sweating as the ship began to shake, Mando quickly flipped a switch and the shaking stopped, pulling the child onto his lap

Hebe jolted awake, sweating as the ship began to shake, Mando quickly flipped a switch and the shaking stopped, pulling the child onto his lap. So it was the child? She thought they were being attacked. "Let's see, Sorgan. Looks like there's no starport, no industrial centres, no population density. Real backwater skughole, which means it's perfect for us. You ready to law low and stretch your legs for a few months, you little womp rat? Nobody's gonna find you or her here." He rambled on to the child, she smiled slyly as he sounded like a new father, she figured that he'd get the hang of it eventually.

"Now, is that any way to talk to your child?" She muttered as she crossed her legs, he whipped his head around.

"It's not my kid," he responded, annoyed.

"Sure, sure," she hummed and her gaze travelled to the planets and stars around them. He eventually turned back around with a sigh. As the ship landed, Hebe took in the light of the planets sun, the overgrowth of trees grass and bushes. "Now listen," he pulled the child away from the lever he was grasping at. "I'm gonna go out there and look around. Shouldn't take to long. Watch it will you?" He gestured to the child. "Don't touch anything. I'll find us some lodging and ill come back for you. You stay right here, you stay. Don't move, you understand? Great," he pointed to it and Hebe snickered to herself, he talked to it like a house pet.

"You know the kids not gonna listen," she announced as he moved down the ladder. "And I'm not going to sit here like some lame horse," she watched as the child followed Mando, she slowly rounded the corner to find the child and Mando side by side. She gave him a look that said 'I told you so'. "Shut up," he muttered and moved down the ramp.

"I didn't even say anything."

The three walked through the crackling branches of the tall trees, the child waddling slowly behind them, they looked back a few times to check that it was doing alright, it was keeping up surprisingly. Hebe gratefully took in the warm atmosphere, there were only a few clouds in sight. As they approached the some shaped wooden building, Hebe picked up the child, paranoid that he might get lost as they walked through the building. When Mando found a table, she gently placed the kid on a stood and sighed as her hand brushed her bandaged kneecap.

"Sit down." He leaned forward, she was going to injure herself further if she kept standing, she eventually sat down on his right to keep an eye on the child. Almost immediately, a woman approached the table. "Welcome travellers. Can I interest you in anything?" Mando looked over to Hebe, he hadn't seen her eat at all for a few days, she was leaning tiredly on the table, hiding her head in her hands. "Bone broth for these two," he glanced back over to the girl who was giving him a disapproving stare. He brushed her off.

"Oh, well, you're in luck. I just took down a grinjer, so there's plenty. Can I interest you in a porringer of broth as well?" the woman said, brushing her hands on her apron nervously.

"Just the two."

"Very well." She smiled.

"That one over there. When did she arrive?" Mando asked the woman before she could walk away. Hebe knew exactly who he was talking about, she had spotted the woman drinking in a corner as soon as they got in there. The server stuttered before speaking. "Well, I've seen her here for the last week or so."

"What's her business here?" Hebe furrowed her brows at him, why was he so invested in the stranger, potential threat maybe?

"Business? Oh, well, there's not much business in Sorgan so I can't say-" she was cut off my Mando throwing a bag of money in front of her on the table.

"She doesn't strike me as a log runner. Well, thank you, sir. I will get that broth to you as soon as possible and I will throw in a flag on of spotchka just for good measure. I will be right back with that," she scurried away. Hebe and Mando noticed straight away that the woman had disappeared almost comically, Hebe hadn't even felt her leave." Keep an eye on the kid," he quickly left the building almost hurriedly. The moment she looked back she cursed to herself, he was nowhere to be seen. She used her force sense, he was outside somewhere, she jogged outside to see Mando and the lady with black hair from earlier pinning each other down with blasters pointed at each other, the child was slurping on a bowl of broth. Where did he even get that? They slowly looked over to us.

"We're not bounty hunters. Do you want to smash his head in or talk civilly?" Hebe leaned on the wall slightly and off of her bad knee, since she was a bounty it was too easy to tell who is on the run and who isn't. She decided on the latter and placed her weapon back, Mando followed example. Once they were all sitting in place at a table, the woman began explaining her situation. "How'd you end up here?" Mando asked.

"Let's just call it an early retirement."

"Fair enough," Hebe smoothed a finger over the rim of the soup bowl, not having touched it, Mando kept nudging her leg under the table every so often and nodded his head to it. "Look, I knew you were Guild. I figured you had a fob on me. That's why I came at you so hard," she chuckled.

"That's what happens when you don't mind your business," Hebe commented again eyeing Mando from the corner of her eye, the woman laughed.

"Well, this has been a real treat, but unless you wanna go another round, one of us is gonna have to move on, and I was here first," she finished off her broth then strolled away.

"That woman must have iron fists," she eyed Mando's armour, she had heard the sound of someone punching metal from outside. She figured out who it was. If she were to ever have to take Mando down she would have to pin him not punch him. "Well. Looks like this planet's taken, finish your broth," Mando ordered. She handed it to the child and smiled fakely at Mando. He eventually gave up arguing with her and brought them all outside and back to the ship.