Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 49

Tʜᴇ ᴇxᴛʀᴀ Mᴀɴᴅᴀʟᴏʀɪᴀɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪs ᴛʜᴀɴᴋs ᴛᴏ @Eternal-Hyacinth ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇʀ OC. I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴀɢʀᴇᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ᴀɢᴏ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋs ғᴏʀ ᴡᴏʀᴋɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ :)

Hebe awoke with a small gasp, the console before her was beeping and flashing red

Hebe awoke with a small gasp, the console before her was beeping and flashing red. She elbowed Din. "Get up, grump," he jolted and sat up. Hebe went to stand up from his lap but he kept her in place with his strong arm, not much unlike an iron coil. He wasn't letting her go anywhere, he was comfortable.

"Looks like we made it. Get ready for landing," he straightened himself.

"Yay! We didn't get sucked into space," Hebe muttered falsely cheerful. Din slapped the dashboard.

"Dank farrick. The landing array isn't responding. Without the guidance system, it'll be a manual re-entry. It might get a little choppy. Once we're through the atmosphere, there should be enough fuel to slow down."

"If we don't get a very intense sunburn first," Hebe glanced back to the frog lady, who was giving them a blank stare. "In short: buckle up." The lady croaked and tightened her seat belt. Hebe got up and out of Din's lap to secure their baby, ignoring the small groan that escaped him. He was really enjoying that, wasn't he? Hebe blushed at the thought. Her heart thumped as she sat down in the co-pilot seat with the child giggling in her lap and secured them both in. And Din was right. But choppy was a God damn understatement in Hebe's opinion. She had to get up and help Mando pull back a lever as they blazed through the atmosphere.

"Oh, shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit!" Hebe repeated, biting the inside of the cheek as they plummeted downwards.

"Razor Crest, this is Trask flight control. Please reduce your speed to port protocol," came a voice over the intercom.

"I'm trying my best here," Din snapped. Poor guy needed a break. "Engage reverse thrusters. Brace!" The Frog lady hugged her case and pulled the green child into her chest protectively. Hebe gave her an appreciative nod. Hebe could hear creaking and sparks flying as the chip rocked. "Hold on."

"Razor Crest, do you copy? You have to reduce speed."

"Have some fuckin' patience, lady!" Hebe shouted irritably.

"Almost there, almost there."

"Razor Crest, do you copy? Razor Crest, you're coming in too fast. You have to re..." Mando flipped off the intercom and reduced speed.

"Thank you, Hod Har'an," Hebe groaned.

"Here we go. Nice and easy," Din breathed. Then the ship veered and landed in the water beside the landing zone. They were pulled out in no time, the trio brushed themselves off.

"You just had to jinx it didn't you, old man," Hebe sighed and rubbed her still sore head.

"It wasn't on purpose," Din said defensively and collected the child into his pod. They all made their way off of the ship. Hebe had to hide her face as they left behind the dripping Razor Crest. It was covered in seaweed and the like.