Chapter 3: Aren't I Retired?

Location: Musutafu Japan Interrogation Unit

"We have evidence of you being there at the time of the murder. You were covered in blood and had the murder weapon in your hands. A strand of your hair was on the body at the time, I was the one who pulled it off the body and tested it. It matched your DNA" I said as I sat in front of the suspect.

He started crying and admitted to murdering his cousin. Another case solved, but I didn't get to the body in time. I shot myself five times to try and give them one of my lives but they were already gone. This is why I get upset when the state doesn't give me these cases sooner, I could've found the body in time.

I watched as the team of officers put the man in handcuffs. It was just the confession that made his fate sealed, now we don't have to go through the evidence in court, it'll be a smooth process.

"Hey Detective L/N, what do you have planned for the rest of the day?" Detective Tagura asked once he saw I closed this case.

"Probably head off to my other job. I heard my class is going to USJ or some shit"

"You can come with the me and the boys, get some drinks"

"Yeah I'm not going to be the designated driver again, you guys can't even look at my impala. Besides, their mozzarella sticks don't meet my expectations" I denied, getting up from my seat and putting my jacket back on.

Tagura chuckled before nodding in understanding. We shook hands before I took my leave.

I parked outside of USJ, they were doing some sort of rescue training. I don't know how they would do, they couldn't save me when I jumped from the ceiling of the cafeteria the other day.

The door was closed tight, which confused me. Why would they feel the need to lock the students inside?

I went to the panel that was paired with the doors of the building. I opened up the circuit board and quickly got to work. I switched up a few wires and disconnected others until I heard the door start to open.

I walked into the building and looked at what was happening.

"Mr. Y/N!" Kirby girl yelled with a relieved smile. I looked around, villians were just about everywhere. I made eye contact with the few students who were at the front.

"Sorry for interrupting" I waved before turning to leave.

"Wait no!" Uraraka shrieked.

I turned back around and walked over to the students.

"You guys go ahead and get out of the building, take 13 with you" I said. They nodded and carried the hero out of the building.

From what I can tell, there were villians in each zone accompanied by a student or two fighting them.

The fountain was where Shota was, fighting what I had to guess were the masterminds of this operation. I was way too old for this.

I ran off the steps and got over to the fountain, where Shota was struggling against big bird from sesame street. I ran over to them and took out both of my flintlock pistols. I pointed one to my head, the red and black mist going into the barrel of the gun.