Chapter 36: Growth

I got to the sports center so the students who failed their license exams could retake the test. Eri and Kota were at the park with Ellie and Iroh but they would be home before I got back.

I owed a lot to the neighbors, they treat Eri and Kota as if they were their grandchildren, and they treat me like their son. It was a way to cope, because they lost their son a long time ago. So who was I to deny the affection they've wanted to give someone for years?

I walked into the building and saw Enji looking awkward in the halls.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Not really. Shoto won't talk to me, he's been ignoring me" Enji admitted, looking down.

"How long have you been trying to talk to him?" I questioned, putting my hands in my pockets.

"Ever since your fight with All for One. I felt like I could make up for lost time, but he doesn't want anything to do with me"

"...Do you blame him for it?" I ask.

"No, I don't. I know I've done bad things, I can't take them back. But I want to make up for them, make up for lost time. But he doesn't listen to me, and I don't know what to do"

"You better not think about giving up. You want to make up for lost time, you said you would do anything. So you show your son just how much you want to change, keep trying like there will be no chances after that one. Don't give up on your kid, even if you think he's given up on you" I said, patting him on the shoulder and continued to walk to the testing arena.

I had to give credit to Enji. He's looked back on his mistakes, and he's accepted them. And now he's trying to make up for lost time before it's gone forever.

"Mr. L/N sir!"

"Oh no" I muttered and turned around. "Heyyy"

"Such an honor to meet you for a second time!" Inasa yelled, bowing his head all the way to the floor.

"Be cool man no need to bow!" I said, shaking my hands back and forth.

"I apologize it's under these circumstances! Todoroki and I are besties now!" Inasa yelled, standing up straight now.

"Oh really?" I mused, looking at Todoroki.

"I wouldn't go that far-" he started but was cut off.

"Woah I didn't know you were a teacher here!" The girl who tried to molest Midoriya said.

"Shut up! He doesn't want to talk to a bunch of rejects!" Bakugou said, sauntering up to me.

"Then he obviously wouldn't talk to you" Todoroki said in a monotone voice.

"Pffffft" I wheezed, turning away from the group.

"THE HELL YOU SAY?!"

"You didn't hear me? Maybe you should get your hearing checked" Todoroki continued.

I started speed walking down the hall so I can laugh in peace. Which was hard since the four were tailing after me like puppies. That's when I started full on sprinting away, them still following close behind.