Chapter 32: A Promise

I walked into the hospital room, one that held a innocent little girl. She looked at my fearfully but visibly relaxed when she recognized me.

"You're here" she said softly, relief was evident in her glistening eyes.

"Told you I'd be here" I said. I walked over and sat in the chair beside her bed. She kept her eyes trained on me, she obviously wanted to say something.

"I saw you on TV, you were really cool" she whispered.

"Oh yeah? I wasn't that great" I chuckled. She shook her head in denial of my statement.

"You saved everyone! And then you came to save me, just like I hoped you would" she ranted.

"Well, then I'm glad it worked out" I replied. She looked down at her blankets. "You're being released tomorrow, you're in good health"

She looked up at me, she tilted her head slightly. "Who do I go with?" She asked.

"Well, I'll give you two choices" I said seriously and shifted in my seat. She looked at me expectantly and worriedly. It was like nervousness was the only feeling she was used to.

"You can go to an orphanage, where you will wait for some grown-ups to take you home with them. Or, you can come with me, and I look after you from now on" I continued.

"You! Please, I want to stay with you!" She cried out desperately. My eyes widened a little before composing myself.

"Wish is my command kiddo" I agreed with a smile. Tears leaked from her eyes and she nodded a little.

We talked for a little until I had to excuse myself from the room. Mirio and Midoriya took my place in keeping her company.

To be honest, I was slightly hoping she would say yes. I have the room in my house of course, and Kota would have someone with him as well. But I knew the decision wasn't really mine but more so hers alone. She's been through a lot, her dreams were taken from her. And I felt the need to give her those options back, let her make decisions for herself now.

I walked down the hall where Aizawa was waiting for me.

"You sure you want to take her? You must have your hands full with Kota as well as teaching" Aizawa asked.

"It's fine with me, it'll make my house more lively with both her and Kota now. I didn't know how much I missed having someone else in that big house until Kota moved in. And now, someone else" I answered as I kept walking.

"You're too nice, Y/N" Aizawa sighed and I just smiled in response.

"Oh, I need you to check something over for me" I said as we walked out of the hospital and towards my car.

"What is it?" He asked. I opened the car door and grabbed the box full of files.

"I need these files analyze and copied. Only you know, don't go telling anyone about this" I said as I handed him the box.

"Why?" He questioned as he gets in the passenger seat. I rounded the car and got in the driver's seat.

"These villains were off the grid in any computer, no news on them at all. I managed to get their files, and I need them analyzed and copied just in case these files are ruined"