Chapter 26: Strength

Can we take a second to appreciate Akaza's eyes? His back story kills meeee 🤧✋

~🦋~

"Do I have to go??" Kota whined.

"Yes you have to go to school ya dork. More so now, took me forever to get the pillow feathers off the floor"

"You attacked me with the pillow first"

"Correction, you called me old first. So you technically fired the first shot" I shot back and we glared at each other.

"Fine. My quirk is getting easier to use, thanks to those drills you've been telling me to do" Kota says as he looks at his hands.

"Glad to hear it. Once you get the control down we can move on to possible advancements" I praised.

"Advancements?"

"Quirks can be advanced, just have to look in the right direction is all. I couldn't fire my gun without having to have it in my hand before, but I tried out new things with my quirk and eventually figured it out" I explained.

"How can mine be advanced then?" Kota asked.

"You can try controlling water around you rather than just using the water inside your body, avoids dehydration and can catch an enemy off guard with an attack from the back" I said after thinking for a moment. His eyes widened and he started fidgeting excitedly.

"But first you need to get the drills down, then we can move on" I smiled and messed up his hat. He laughed a little and pushed my hands away from his head.

I went over to the kitchen and put the bento in Kota's backpack. It was small things like this I didn't know I missed. Sending Jupiter off to daycare with her small backpack with her favorite foods packed. I always made sure to pack some junk food without Shiyuna knowing, just so I could be the favorite parent.

I shook my head of the memory. Kota's back was turned to me and I opened the cabinet to pull out a small pack of donuts, and gently placed them in his bag.

Old habits die hard.

"Ready to go kiddo?" I questioned as I picked up Kota's bag. He nodded and made sure he didn't forget anything. He took his backpack from my hands and we went to the car, and drove off to Kota's new school.

~🦋~

Dropping Kota off was harder than I thought it would be. Not just because he's been accompanying me to my job for a little while, but for an entirely different reason.

Like he would die like Jupiter.

I don't want to say bye to him like I had to with Jupiter. But I knew I couldn't keep him from school.

I walked through the halls of UA and noticed a familiar trio.

"Mirio, Tamaki, Nejire" I greeted. They turned to me and smiled excitedly.

"Hello sir! Great to see you!" Mirio said with his forever plastered smile.

"We were just headed over to 1-A! Can't wait to meet them!" Nejire cheered happily.