Chapter 19: Their Bright Futures

"I found a way for you to die, permanently"

Those words kept echoing in my head. I was so obsessed with the thought of finally dying, that I didn't even realize I asked how.

"You know that rare metal from the bomb I threw at you? The time you first died?" All for One asked.

"Yeah" I answered back.

"Well, if your heart is impaled by that very metal, then your Rewind cycle will stop, and you'll finally die"

The very thing that killed me the first time, can kill me a final time as well? That's how my Rewind worked?

"That metal can't be found anywhere, it stopped being made after the war ended" I argued.

"When I found out the way you could die, I went out of my way to find that metal. Doing you a favor"

He had the metal? This is it. This is my chance. I can be with Jupiter again, I missed her so much.

"Come here, and embrace death" All for One said. I saw something behind him, it looked like it was an advanced weapon, something I had never seen before.

Jupiter's face flashed in my mind and I took a step forward. I can finally go? I can finally be free?

I felt a tug on the back of my jacket and I turned around quickly.

Bakugou had done it, and he looked at me helplessly. What I read from his wavering face, was a plead not to do it. But I've looked for so long, and the solution was right in front of me. The answer to my everyday problems, this can cure the trauma I feel everyday. I've waited.

"Please.." Bakugou whispered in a quivering voice. My eyes widened.

"Don't do it!" Toshinori yelled.

"You have someone to protect and fight for!" Enji yelled in desperation.

Instead of just seeing Jupiter, I saw all my old students, Shota, Yamada, Toshinori, Enji. All my old friends, Nezu, Torino.

My new students. They were all there. And they were looking at me expectantly.

How could I be so stupid? Was I really about to accept death now? When I still had Bakugou to protect? When all my students tried so hard, to make me want to live?

"Well?" All for One asked, motioning me over. I looked towards him. The man that killed my family. Was I really about to let him kill me too?

"You're not going to kill me. You took everything from me, and now I'll make you fall to your knees all over again"

"B-but isn't this what you want?! You've lived a life full of anguish!"

"I'm not ready yet, after all, I got new students. And I have to see, Their bright futures"

"I'll still kill you!" All for One yelled. I motioned for Bakugou to go back and he did. I started running at All For One, just like in the past. It has always been our destiny to clash.