Chapter 52: I Remember Now

A/N: Better feel super special since I'm not letting you guys wait like I planned to. I was literally planning on bailing for a week just to torment you guys 💀

~🦋~

"I remember you now" I said, looking at Seikatsu with wide eyes. 

Seikatsu stopped, and looked up at me. I couldn't believe I hadn't recognized him before, I should have since my past was going through my head in a loop for years. 

"You do?" Seikatsu asked, hands a few inches from his face. He was getting over his little panic attack, and he locked eyes with me. 

"You were there. You were fighting in the war too, I stopped you from killing yourself, after we defeated the enemy" I said. 

🦋flashback🦋

I turned to my left and see one of my comrades putting their rifle in their mouth. I ran up and knocked their gun away. 

"What the hell man?!" I yelled, kicking the gun away from them. He crumbled to the floor and cried into his hands. 

"Look how many of us didn't make it! There were more than 200 of us! Their bodies are all around us! I can't live like this anymore, I need to die" he cried.

(Chapter titled: In my Life) 

🦋flashback end🦋

"What, what happened to you?" I asked, sincerely. 

"It was pain, that's what happened. I lost it all, the pain was absolutely unbearable to me" Seikatsu, soldier Metias, said in a quiet voice. 

"In pain? I was in pain too, but I didn't go around killing everyone out of grief!" I criticized, looking at him accusingly. He took so many innocent lives, and he dare say it was because he felt pain?

"You don't understand what I went through!" Metias yelled. 

"I don't understand? Did you see Akuma's body after that fight? He was burnt to death, his body was unrecognizable" I said.

"Don't act like that affected you! You pranced back home, and when the war came back you were the first one at the front lines! You lost nothing, all you do is take lives, kill people, all to your amusement" Metias shot back, eyes flared with unrelenting rage and fury.

"I lost nothing? I was a little kid, a 13 year old kid who got thrown into a war I shouldn't have had any part of. But I went anyway, along with my best friend. When that first battle ended, all I could do was stare at the carnage, all the people I saw as my brothers laying dead on this very clearing. And when I saw you aiming that rifle at yourself, all I could think of was to stop you, because I didn't want to see another one of my brothers die in front of me. 

When we got back home from the war, my dad died a few days later. And I slowly started to lose myself. But then, Shiyuna brought me back, my daughter brought me back. And even after all of that, even the war came back. But I still went to fight, to protect my wife and daughter. I went to the fight, and I still couldn't save them.