Chapter 48: My Jupiter

A/N: I'm excited to write this chapter =D 

"Jupiter?"

I looked into her Gold eyes, the eyes she inherited from her mother. She had a beaming smile but fidgeted in anticipation for the moment I would try to chase her. But I couldn't move to fulfill her wishes, I just kept staring at her. 

And the thing is, she looked so real. I dreamt of her being in front of me on multiple occasions, all of which would turn into a completely nightmare when she ends up dying from the effects of nuclear war. 

"Is something wrong?" Jupiter asked, noticing I was taking way longer to chase her than usual. "Sorry if you're too tired, I'll give you a hug to make you feel better" she said, skipping towards me and wrapped her tiny arms around my legs. 

I could feel her, in my dreams I couldn't feel her hugs at all. This was real, it was so real that I couldn't help but let a tear fall. A hug from her and Shiyuna was all I ever wanted, a life with them was the world for me. 

I dropped to a knee and hugged Jupiter as tightly as I could. She squealed and laughed at this but hugged me back as tightly as she could, which wasn't a lot for a five year old. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Shiyuna asked, turning the stove off and walking towards us. She kneeled down next to me and put her hand on my back. 

"Never been better" I whispered, bringing Shiyuna into a hug as well. She gave a light laugh and wrapped her arms around me and Jupiter. And in those short moments whether it be because I was in a moment I could only dream of, or the works of Dream Catchers quirk, I completely forgot I was supposed to be in the middle of a war. 

And if this was all a dream, I didn't feel like ever waking up. 

~🦋~

"Jupiter honey eat your food" Shiyuna laughed while Jupiter was blowing bubbles in her cup. 

I looked at my hand and tried to form a small knife. My quirk wasn't working at all. I even tried slowing down my own heart rate, but not a single thing happened. 

"May I be excused?" Jupiter asked, looking at me mostly. 

"Of course" I replied. She smiled and tumbled out of her chair and proceeded to run to her room to play. 

"Shiyuna, how long has it been since the quirk war?" I asked. She looked at me in confusion. 

"I don't recall there ever being a war, and what's a quirk?" She asked. 

Right, we called quirks something else this time period. What was it again? 

"I mean abilities or powers, when Japan was divided because of them" I clarified. 

"There hasn't been any sightings of something like that, you must've been dreaming" she answered, getting up and taking the dishes to the sink. 

"Wait, how old is Jupiter?" 

"....Jupiter's six, are you sure you're okay?"