Chapter 41: Nothing to Fear

"Do you want officers-"

"No, I want to talk to him alone" I denied as an officer walked me to the interrogation room. I was going to talk to Ren, the villain who attacked Eri and Kota earlier today.

"Yes sir" the officer immediately agreed and unlocked the door to the room. I nodded in appreciation before entering, letting the officer close the door behind me.

"Y/N L/N, what do I owe such a privileged visit?" Ren joked, leaning back in his seat. I walked towards the table and sat in the chair across from him.

"I'd be grateful if I were you, be glad that I didn't kill you back then" I started.

"You're a pathetic hero, heroes can't kill. Your threats mean nothing to me"

"You think some rule would stop me? I could kill you right now and not get penalized for it. Using rules to try and outsmart me, good luck with that"

"...Then? Why didn't you kill me back then?"

"Because you work directly under Seikatsu, according to the file. You have information that I want, that's the only reason why you're still breathing"

"You're so full of shi-"

I was up in a second, grabbing the front of his prisoner uniform. I pulled him forward a little, the chain on his one remaining hand rattled from the movement.

"Now listen here. You attacked those two kids and I refrained myself from killing you on the spot. I can cut your other arm off right now and when the others ask me that happened, I can say my finger slipped and they would all turn the blind eye, I have nothing to fear. I can make your death painful, and it would be like nothing happened" I threatened, throwing him back down in his seat.

"Y-You're abusing your po-wer"

"I'm using the power that I've been bestowed just for breathing longer than anyone else. So try again, unless you need me to take your other arm to persuade you" my arm formed into a katana at my threat.

"O-okay okay! Seikatsu ordered me t-to kill the kids, to s-see how you would react!" Ren stuttered out, moving himself as far as he could go from my katana.

"Why is he targeting me and who I'm associated with?"

"None of us know! He says he knew you before, but that's it! We just follow him!"

"Did he say where he knew me from? Do you know his real name?"

"No! He never told us who he was to you or his real name!"

"You were carrying around a certain metal, police found it on your uniform. How much of this metal do you have?" I asked.

"Th-The boss made us carry it around, he has a la-large supply of it. He crafted it into different types of weapons"

"His quirks, do you know them?"

"Not all of them"

"What are some that you know?"