Chapter 40: Helping Hand

A/N: My birthday is so close, it's on the 12th. I'm very excited :3

I stood up from my crouch, Eri and Kota had finally controlled their hastily beating hearts.

"Let's hurry and get home" I said, earning nods from both kids. We walked towards the car that I had still running on the side of the road. When I saw the villain with Eri and Kota, I had no time to park correctly or turn the car off. I had to act fast.

We all got in and I drove the rest of the way home. Eri and Kota walked a good distance before they were attacked, so it didn't take long to get there.

Once we got out of the car, my phone started to ring. It was the city police station, so I answered it while helping the kids to the house.

"Hello?" I answered.

"L/N sir, Endeavor and Hawks are fighting against a villain and need backup!"

"On my way, send coordinates" I said before hanging up. I rushed to my room and got my hero uniform on, my phone buzzed when the coordinates were sent to me. I called Ellie and Iroh as well, asking them to come over and watch the kids for a little while, which they happily agreed to.

I rushed out of the room, adjusting my belts and knives as I went.

"Y/N, please don't go" Kota begged.

"We don't want you to go" Eri agreed, hugging Luna close to herself.

"I have to, but I'll be back very soon" I promised, quickly hugging them before rushing to the front door. I opened it right when the elderly couple were about to knock.

"So sorry about the late notice" I apologized.

"Not a problem" Ellie waved off. I nodded gratefully, looking at the tear filled eyes of the two kids one last time, before leaving.

I pushed the button on my earpiece, a tiny screen forming in front of my eye in the process. The coordinates were shown and I hurriedly ran down the street. Civilians were rushing away the closer I got to the fight.

"Look it's H/N!"

"He's come for backup!"

I ignored the yells of joy from civilians and looked up at the building. Endeavor was in a heated battle with a creature that I immediately recognized as a Nomu. (Pun intended)

I also noticed Hawks working to get the falling rubble out of the sky, so it wouldn't hit any of the civilians.

There were other Nomus around the area, Hawks was trying to deal with them as well as take care of the debris from Endeavors fight.

I ran towards a Nomu, who was about to attack a civilian. My arm formed into a katana and I sliced the Nomu efficiently.

"Good to see you, H/N. Thanks for the backup" Hawks greeted, using more feathers to carry citizens away from the fight.