Ravager's Hearts

**This is a short drabble about baby Peter Quill on Yondu's ship. For sake of the plot and adorable moments, Peter is about a year old in this, and Stakar has yet to outlaw Yondu. Oh, and TW for some less than desirable language - in particular, use of pansy as an insult. I'm seriously thinking of doing a book about this concept, thought? Enjoy!**

If there was one son of a bitch the galaxy feared besides Stakar, it was Yondu Udonta. The man was practically the Ravager leader's son, and he was a tough, no-nonsense, I'll kill you kind of a man. Whistles became synonymous with death in Ravager circles, and on some planets, it was illegal to whistle after dark, for fear it would cause panic. He had a short temper, and an even shorter tolerance for weakness. You wanted to be a pansy? That's fine - you could do that floating through the vacuum of space.

So to say the man had gone soft in the span of just 3 days seemed a little far fetched. In fact, when Horuz had first mentioned it in passing to another Ravager of another clan, he'd been laughed at. To his face.

"Udonta? Soft?" The other Ravager had scoffed a little. "Ya pullin' ma legs, Hor'z."

But there he was, in all his blue glory. Yondu Udonta. A baby strapped to his chest in a little swath of fabric as he stood on the bridge and shouted orders. He'd soon learn he had to be a little quieter if he didn't want to wake the poor thing, though. They were actually doing a real good job at keeping the baby a secret so far - Yondu had a little crib on the other side of the bridge so they could put Peter down quickly out of sight when they got calls, and there were a few well trusted crew that would stay back when there were jobs to watch the kid. Or, of course, Yondu would just send the crew and stay back himself.

Hell, even the Captain's cabin was baby-proof. Yondu and Kraglin had taken out anything that could so much as scratch the kid, and there were covers over all the electrical ports, bolts in all the furniture, and there was even a small corner where Kraglin had built a crib and a changing table for the baby.

"Cap'n?" Kraglin asked quietly, interrupting the Captain as he ordered Tulk to adjust the nav-system. He was also learning the importance of being quiet when Peter was sleeping on the captain's chest. "We gotta message."

"Wha's it 'bout?" Yondu whispered, his teeth whistling as he fought to keep the noise down. He glanced down at the baby, his face still slack and gentle. Yondu let a hand glance over the baby's hair, just a little tuft of honey colored curls.

Kraglin flipped a holo-pad around for Yondu to see. "Ravager court."

Yondu began to swear, but caught himself with a hiss. He was hoping to keep things PG-13 when he was around the kid. They may be Ravagers, but they weren't complete disgraces. Peter wasn't going to say anything worse than "bitch" until he was at least 10 if Yondu had anything to say about it.

"When?"

"Few cycles."

Yondu let out a low whistle, and Peter shifted in the pouch. Both men froze, watching as Peter relaxed again, and Yondu let out a sigh. "Well, we gotta go. 'ts the code."

Peter let out a piercing scream and Yondu's hands shot up to caress the baby's back. "Hey, hey, hey. Don'tchu go screamin' kid, ya'll blow my ears out."

Kraglin sent the captain a look. "Ya better fin' a sitter for tha tyke. Can' take a baby to Ravager court."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Yondu, Kraglin, Horuz, and Tulk gently put the M-ship down on the Warship, they all sent a careful glance behind them. Peter was nestled into one of Tulk's drawers, padded in pillows and blankets. In the end, Yondu had refused to let the baby stay on the Eclector with the others - he didn't trust his crew to watch a fragile terran if he, Kraglin, Tulk, and Horuz was going to be away.