Unexpected Pt. 3

**Request for whatsupitsalex from forever ago that I literally feel so bad about! I just found this in my comments after a literal year and I'm so so so sorry. Here's the long awaited part 3 of this one and I hope y'all aren't too mad. Its so hard to keep track of comments. Enjoy!**

Flash wasn't sure where the boundaries between himself and Peter Parker were now. For years, Flash had tormented him, and now... Flash had hung out in Peter's house. In his room. They played video games together. They were - well, they weren't friends but then again, Peter had said they were. They had literally hung out at Stark Towers. With the Avengers. Because Peter was Spiderman. And Flash knew. Because he was now friends with Peter.

It was all a bit much to wrap his head around.

But there he was, sitting in his parents car, watching the other students at Midtown flood through the front doors. He spotted sitting on the little ledge of the wall by the steps. MJ was leaned up against the concrete next to him, drawing in her book. After a minute or so, Peter bounced up to them, his hair wild and his-

His shoulder was bandaged.

Flash was out of the car and slamming the door before his dad could even say 'goodbye'. As he bee-lined for Peter, he pushed people out of the way. Even one of the football guys.

"Hey, Flash." It was Evan. Evan in particular liked holding Peter when Flash went to town on the teen, and as he looked between Flash and Peter, a sick smile curled its way to his lips. "You want me to go get the rest of the guys?"

Flash made a noise of disgust as he pushed Evan out of the way. "You lay a hand on Parker again and I'll tell your girlfriend about last week's party with Claire."

Evan recoiled, his face pale. "You wouldn't."

"I would, and I will if you don't leave Peter and his friends alone."

"What the hell is wrong with you, man?" Evan scoffed before heading to where the other jocks were hanging out. Flash kept going, his eyes locked in on Peter and his friends.

"Uh, guys?" Ned said quietly. "Looks like Flash is on the warpath."

MJ didn't spare a glance from her book, but Peter immediately spun and looked at Flash. Peter raised a hand and waved. Flash tried not to blush as he waved back. As soon as he got close enough, Peter threw an arm around him and wrestled Flash into a headlock before giving him an affectionate noogie - a habit he had picked up from Clint.

Flash just laughed. "Hey, web-brains. Let me go."

Peter released his arm, his own laughter bubbling up a little. Ned and MJ were both staring now, MJ's sketch long forgotten.

"What's going on here?" Ned asked, gesturing between Peter and Ned wildly.

"Seriously," MJ added. "Why are we being nice to this dickface?"

Peter and Flash were looking at one another, Peter trying to let Flash take the lead so as to not embarrass him, Flash hoping Peter would say something first just in case Ned and MJ didn't know he was Spiderman.

There was a tense silence, then Peter laughed and put a hand on Flash's shoulder again. "We hung out at the Tower yesterday. Flash is still in shock."

Flash gave Peter a tight smile, still not sure where he stood with this group. What if Flash accidentally let the big secret slip? What if Peter was put in danger because of Flash's mistake?

Speaking of - "Peter! What happened to the shoulder?" Flash put a gentle hand on Peter's bandages. It was so very different than what Flash was sued to - normally Flash could be cruel and would make it a point to take hits on Peter's most sensitive injuries. To have Flash put his hands on an injury and not wince in pain was a relief.

"Got shot," Peter said with a shrug on his other side. Ned and MJ seemed relatively unfazed, but Flash gasped.

"Seriously? It was all over the news this morning that Spiderman was stopping a mugging on the subway."

At that, Ned's head whipped over to Flash and he coughed pointedly. On some level, Ned knew. Peter had told Flash, it made sense when you thought about how they had hung out at the Tower together. Peter's room was almost always covered in webs and the Spider-suit and a thousand other secret-revealing things.

"We don't really use the ecret-sey dentity-ieh here," Ned said pointedly. Flash laughed a little at the use of pig latin. It'd been years since he heard pig latin in person.

Peter put his hand on Ned's shoulder. "It's okay. He knows, and I'm sure he'll do his best to keep the secret."

Flash was still looking at Peter's shoulder. "Who did the stitches?"

"Doctor Cho," Peter said. "She does all the medical for the team."

"How many times have you been shot?"

"Plenty of times," Peter laughed. Ned shook his head and MJ huffed. Flash looked downright faint so Peter steadied him a little with his good hand.

"You get used to it," Ned said with a shrug.

"Shoulda seen him after the plane crash," MJ added bitterly.

Flash open and closed his mouth as if he was trying to find words, but then there was the distinct sound of the bell ringing inside the school.

"Come on," Peter said, throwing his hand over his shoulder as he started walking away. MJ followed him mutely, her focus back to her drawing. Flash was rooted to his place, so Ned put a solid hand on his shoulder and led the other teen forward. "You get used to it," Ned repeated. "Welcome to the nerd squad."