What If...

**Request for galaxy_404. Ohhhhh my god, I'm so sorry, this took me forever... To be honest, September and October hit me like a truck and I have been so busy with school starting up and work and all that. This one doesn't need as much explanation, but Peter is still pretty young, and still figuring this stuff out. Think pre-Homecoming, post-spider bite. Catch my triple contraction, y'all. Enjoy :)**

"Uncle Ben? I'm home!" Peter swung the door to the little apartment shut behind him, kicking off his shoes as he did so. His Uncle was in the kitchen, getting a lunch ready for work.

Uncle Ben worked night shift maintenance for a factory in the industrial part of town, which was gross and dirty and made him exhausted, but he got to be home every day for when Peter got back from school.

"In here," the older man called to his nephew.

"Tuna fish sandwich again? Don't you ever get sick of that stuff?"

"Never."

The two made idle chit-chat for a while, Peter pouring himself a glass of milk and grabbing a handful of chips from the pantry as he and his uncle chatted. Suddenly, the sound of a phone alarm going off interrupted the two, and Ben looked at the time.

"I have to go, buddy, but I'll see you tomorrow, right?"

"Of course," Peter said. The two hugged and Ben headed out the door. After hearing the lock slide into place, Peter slumped in the chair in the kitchen. He never mentioned it to Ben, of course, but he hated being home alone. Every noise, every flicker, every shadow made the teen jump. It was strange to think he'd be so jumpy, seeing how he was a crime fighting vigilante, but as plain old Peter Parker? He was terrified.

And as much as he hated being alone, he knew that if Ben were home all night, he'd've caught Peter by now, and then there's be no more Spiderman at all.

Peter got up and got out some homework. If he could get it all out of the way by 8, he'd have plenty of time to go out and still make it back in time to catch some sleep before school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter let out a whoop as he swung from a particularly tall building, doing a couple flips before catching himself with a web and swinging close to the ground. A few people laughed and rushed to get video of the Queens vigilante, but Peter was moving so quick that the only footage anyone got was blurry and short.

The superhero landed on the top of a building, catching his breath and smiling under his suit. "Karen, is there anything going on around?"

"There appears to be a robbery a few blocks away, but I would suggest you do not get involved, Peter. The man is armed and is becoming more and more erratic."

"Karen, you know I have to go," Peter said. "I'm the guy who looks out for the little guy."

Peter didn't give his AI any time to respond before he was swinging away towards danger. Karen tried to warn him again, and even threatened to call Mr. Stark, but Peter didn't pay her any attention. Besides, he'd removed Karen's ability to contact FRIDAY and Mr. Stark ages ago.

Soon enough, the teen was perched on the side of a building across from a little pawn shop. The front windows had been shot out, and Peter could see a man in a mask holding the (supposed) owner at gunpoint, while another masked man stuffed things in a bag.

Peter shot a web and pulled himself across the road slowly and quietly. He crept over the wall, trying to give himself as much of a surprise element as possible.