Safehouse

**A/N: This is just a one-shot I thought up, inspired by a few others I've read and the absolute cinnamon roll-ness that is the Barton family. Peter is 25 in this one, just a heads up.**

It was a long mission. A long ass mission. Everyone was exhausted, so when the hologram communicator started ringing on the Quinjet, the team genuinely thought about not picking up.

Key word: thought.

Steve pressed the buttons on the communicator, and Nick Fury sprang to life on the dashboard.

"Team. Let's talk post-mission."

"Make it quick, pirate, we're all in need of a good night's rest and a hot meal." Tony sassed the man in the hologram.

"You don't get that until you find a safe house to crash at," Fury shot back. "HYDRA's taken 2 of the SHEILD houses, and the other three are off the rid for now, we don't know if they are still secure."

"Could we-" Steve sent a glance towards Clint, but he shook his head defiantly.

"Absolutely not, if HYDRA is taking down safe houses, there is no way I'm leading them back to my place."

"Calm down, Barton, we already have your family relocated to SHIELD and are working on securing your house," Fury said quickly.

"Got any ideas?" Steve turned back to Fury, who was deep in thought.

"I'm going to work on a location, but I can't guarantee anything. Find a cheap motel somewhere, get yourselves somewhere completely out of the way. I'll call you back."

Fury disconnected, and the hologram shut down.

"Well," Clint said, smacking his hands down on his thighs. "Shit."

"Does your family still-" Bucky turned to Sam, only to have the Falcon shake his head softly.

"Nah, we sold it."

It was pretty clear to the team that no one wanted to find some run down motel in some backwater town, especially not after a mission like this. Everyone started rattling off ideas for where they could stay.

Peter, who was running his hands over his stubble and furrowing his brow, was uncharacteristically quiet. Normally, he was the first one to jump into conversation, even when he was dead tired. Tony took notice.

"What's up, kid?"

"Not a kid," Peter quipped, his gaze still locked onto the wall of the jet opposite the young hero.

"You're the youngest here, so you'll always be kid as far as I'm concerned," Tony chuckled. "Seriously, what are you thinking about?"

Peter took a deep breath and closed his eyes, resigning himself to what he was about to do. "I have somewhere we can go. Not much, but it'll be big enough for all of us until Fury can figure things out."

There was a wave of shared glances and snickering.

"No offense, kiddo, but your apartment won't be much better than a motel, and I doubt it's off the grid enough," Steve chuckled. Peter rolled his eyes at him.

"I seriously doubt that," Peter huffed. "Trust me, it'll be fine."

The teen got up and punched in some coordinates to the Quinjet's navigational system, then sat back down. The plane was silent.

No one on the team really knew much about Peter Parker. They knew his name, his age, and his powers, but they had no idea who his family was, if he had any. They had no idea what he did for work, where he lived, or who he was friends with. All they knew was his name, his age, and his powers.